Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older CAT 12 w/ Domore Question

Auctioneerhere ยท 2009-01-28 15:58

OK other than "Domore" what was the proper lingo / term for this tool. Any Idea of value? I am doing some research. It is hard to find a comparable. Thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1Super Roel2009-01-29 05:03

    Hello Auctioneerhere , i think that the proper name is ( elevating grader ) .

  2. #2Super Roel2009-01-29 06:16

    Cat. no12 with Domor elevating grader . Hello Auctioneerhere , I found in my archive some pic,s from a Cat. no12 with a Domor elevating grader , and i hope that you like it .

  3. #3ovrszd2009-01-29 08:44

    That thing is cool!!! Boy we could use something like that around here!!!! Maybe a shared one, owned by the county and used by each township. Thanks for the pictures!!!

  4. #4Super Roel2009-01-29 10:26

    Elevating grader Hello Richard , Those pic,s are made in the therty,s by a fotographer from Caterpillar somewere in the USA , i have even the note from that fotographer .

  5. #5Auctioneerhere2009-01-29 10:42

    Thanks for the pictures & reply. I am going to sell this for our local county in April, so I am doing my homework on it. I don't run across these every day. Thanks again the pictures are great!

  6. #6Showpony2009-01-31 07:26

    No 16 question Hi. We are looking at purchasing Cat No 16 to windrow sticks and stumps on raked forestry being converted to pastoral land. Its rough & dusty but not hard pushing. We recon the lack of hyraulic hoses and high 16foot mould board will be an advantage, One problem identified by the current owner is coolant entering the engine cylinders when the machine is parked, could this be leaking precombustion chambers or worse? Do these old girls have any nasty mechanical habits? I operated one of these machines in the 70s and what they lack in manoverabilty they make up in push.

  7. #79420pullpan2009-01-31 12:42

    pull type but same concept, took this pic at George E. Logue's collection this fall

  8. #8Super Roel2009-01-31 14:52

    Thanks for the pic,s Pullpan the are very nice , i will post a copy of an old leaflet from Caterpillar with two types of elevating graders . Auctioneerhere , the grader u will sel , is a nice one for the museum in Bowling Green from the HCEA , contact them .ph(419)352-5616 1

  9. #9Auctioneerhere2009-02-01 12:34

    I will let them know about it. Thanks! As far as the 16 goes wrong thread... If you post it under anothr thread your bound to get better information about it.

  10. #108x82009-03-01 21:57

    Thanks for the great pictures!-Never seen anything like it.