Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older International Dozer

joedirt ยท 2008-03-30 20:12

Here are some pics of a dozer we found at a mine were doing some work at located at the Arizona New Mexico border. Drive sprockets hardly look warn?:beatsme The bench seat inside the cab was big enough for six people and a dog to sit on. Why did they put such large seats in these things? I talked to the operator and he said there is only about three gallons of water on the pistons. Saving fuel I guess?

Replies17
  1. #1joedirt2008-03-31 21:12

    Here are the pics..

  2. #2bear2008-04-01 05:43

    giant bench seat My guess for the giant seat is they were there so the operator wouldn't have to stand up too see. or to give the operator left or right handed the ability to see whichever side they were on. since ergonomics is a fairly new field that kind of rules out the second one.

  3. #3cat d92008-04-01 11:10

    Looks like they got about all the life out of the sprockets that they had to give

  4. #4Tri-Star2008-04-01 14:03

    I dont even see how it moves with sprockets so slick!

  5. #5stretch2008-04-01 15:30

    Is it a TD-25? And that ripper is huge!

  6. #6DaveC2008-04-20 11:33

    To me, the main track undercarriage looks fairly sound according to the photos. If the drive sprocket segment bolts happen to come out easy (ha-ha), then I assume it would be ok?? I love the old International machines, they had their faults, but no machine is perfect. It looks a neat looking 25C!!! Dave: :drinkup

  7. #7AtlasRob2008-04-20 16:17

    Judging by the rust on most parts I dont think it does. Was it out of fuel Is that a Kelly on the rear ? or were they only on C@ts?

  8. #8Ray Welsh2008-04-20 17:43

    I think Kelly rippers fitted anything. We had one on a Fiat Allis HD 41B many years ago. (late 70s) The tyne was 18ft long and tricky to change when they broke in half. Park on the edge of a bank with ripper flat, then pull the repaired tyne up and through with the crane. Move machine forward with crane holding the tyne until the tyne met the dirt to hold it & fit the pin. Altogether a PIA. Have also seen Kelly's on D8H & D7G..... C ya.........Ray

  9. #9bigduke2008-10-08 02:31

    Great machines back in their time, I still own a td 20E. Anyone know where to get a DVT 800 international motor? I need one bad. My email is [email protected]

  10. #10rapper2008-10-08 05:57

    love the old stuff... seen a electrical sidmatic for a 78 tractor. nothing to it, all mechanical back then.

  11. #11stumpjumper832008-10-08 06:37

    As for the ih motor, check with f.p. smith out in california. I used to deal with a bruce, not sure if he still works there, but I'd see what he knows first.

  12. #12Dusty2008-10-08 09:07

    love it love it

  13. #13WabcoMan2008-10-08 17:21

    TD-25's gave the company I worked for a good run. We had 25B's with Cat 463's behind them and a fairly late TD25C as a push tractor. It had an Ateco ripper on the back. CRC-Kelly made rippers to fit ALL track type tractors, not just Cat.

  14. #14alan627b2008-10-10 00:46

    http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/ BigDuke, this is The IH forum, register and ask about the engine there. Hope this helps, alan627b I'll bet they'd like to see the dozer pics there too, JoeDirt.

  15. #15bigduke2008-10-10 01:17

    Thanks Alan, I will do that.

  16. #16surfer-joe2008-10-11 00:14

    Not sure, but that ripper is probably an "ATECO." International used that brand a lot, never saw a lot of Kelly's on International's. Segments are worn badly, and judging from the scuff marks on the links, the bottom rollers are gone too. Overall, the tractor looks well maintained and kept up. Not typical of a mine dozer for sure.

  17. #17hardtail2008-10-22 02:06

    I would venture an early B model, I believe the C's had different trackframes and the planetary covers at the back were much like all the newer ones........possibly a winner for most worn sprocket segments, it's where it is cause it couldn't make it an inch further Rest looks decent...... Heres a pic of a 250 series with Ateco setup Bigduke theres a company up here in Alberta that specializes in repowering all the IH 4586 4WD tractors that ran the V800 if your looking for parts it's likely a goldmine........go over to Redpower theres still some dealer support, Browns IH out of BC or FP Smith out of CA may have something for you.