Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

older new holland 675e

goodfella ยท 2021-11-03 14:36

hi guys my accelerator pedal has no spring back? it works fine just dont spring back to idle after hitting the pedal. Can anyone assist me how to fix it? i dont see any springs ( unless im missing it ) im thinking it might be hydraulic pressure that pushes it back to idle? please help

Replies12
  1. #1Swetz2021-11-03 15:03

    From the parts manual...Looks like a spring in the Pedal assy. (item 1 on page 1).

  2. #2goodfella2021-11-03 15:23

    Swetz thank you so much! is there a link to the manual?

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-11-03 16:08

    Welcome to HEF, goodfella !

  4. #4Swetz2021-11-03 17:39

    You can see the parts manuals at Messicks. https://www.messicks.com/vendor/new-holland

  5. #5aighead2021-11-08 09:03

    I'm dumb but where are you seeing the spring called out in those pictures? Mine doesn't spring back for the lowest like 100 rpm, so I put my toe under the pedal and pull it back.

  6. #6NH575E2021-11-08 09:38

    Do you have the throttle handle for backhoe operation pushed all the way towards the rear?

  7. #7aighead2021-11-08 13:39

    I don't know about for Goodfella, but me, yes. I think that's how I noticed the throttle not coming back. It sounded different when I put the hand throttle back than when I let off the gas pedal.

  8. #8Swetz2021-11-08 14:57

    Aighead, I dont know if there is a spring on this assembly for sure or not. It looks to me like they are showing a spring where the cable goes into the foot throttle. I could be wrong tho, it could be rubber bellows on the cable. I tried to look at my throttle on my tractor, but it is covered by the skirting, so I could not get a good look. I would have taken the skirt off, but I was in a rush to get back to NJ to get to work. NH575E makes a good point, if the hand throttle is holding the foot throttle, it could stop it from returning.

  9. #9NH575E2021-11-09 21:09

    Glancing through the service and parts manual the only thing I see resembling a throttle return spring is on top of the injection pump.

  10. #10aighead2021-11-10 10:31

    Thanks @NH575E I understand now!

  11. #11Toxic2021-11-12 05:54

    The foot pedal in my 555e was doing that as well..one day I got sick of using my heel to bring it back to idle and took the rubber mat and access panel off the floor(was gonna spray undercoating oil on floor anyways). I sprayed lube and cleaned up the linkage and pedal area in general. I then used an old shifter boot I had to make a boot for the moving part of the pedal so dirt from my boots wouldn't get down in there again. Works the very best now. I also had trouble with the hand throttle not holding where I set it but that was an easy fix after I got the panel off I just tightened the center bolt.

  12. #12Swetz2021-11-14 07:21

    So I got a chance to take the skirt off, and this is what I see. The bellows in the middle are what I thought could have been a spring in the drawing that I posted...Anyhow, I was wrong! Also found out that mine is really rusty. I am going to spray that up if it ever stops raining here!! If you look closely, you can see the adjustments for the foot throttle as well as the hand throttle (adjustment on the left). As NH575E pointed out, this is the only return spring in the system. I have, in the past had to repair the throttle assembly in trucks with the pedal that pivots from the floor (vs above). Dirt from the floor gets in the pin and it gets tight. A little lube has worked to free it up most of the time.