I've got a 90's Skyjack SJ-6826 rough-terrain scissor lift that has suddenly started giving me problems with the platform controls. The joystick will engage the electric motor, I can see and hear it spinning, but it does not work the hydraulics at all - expect for the 'lowering' function; when I use the ground control switch to raise the platform (works with no issue, raises quickly and sounds strong), the joystick will still engage the lowering function, but anything else just spins the electric motor. I've tried plugging the joystick controls into the lower connector to remove a pretty significant length of harness wiring from the picture, and no change. Any thoughts?
Go to their website, https://techpub.skyjack.com search your model. There are 5 different manuals for servicing the lift. Have your serialnumber handy I had one brought into our shop with similar issues as yours. If it has all of the relays mounted on the door start in there. Corrosion or loose leads are common. The relays should operate with each directional function, up/down, left/right steer, forward/reverse. I used the wiring diagram on the website and figured out how it was to work. Have fun!
That’s awesome, thanks for the link!
check the wiring connections in those crappy little white power strips. they are bad about coming loose and causing all kinds of issues, just ran into that problem with a skyjack 3219 scissor yesterday.no drive functions but motor spinning. found the red/white wire from strip to 24v contact barley connected
Sounds like a safety interlock is activated