My dad just got back from using our 1959? oliver oc4 and said the left steering stopped working. Something let go and now the left steering lever doesn't have the "springy" feel that it usually had, it just flops around. I took a look at it and followed the linkage attached to the lever down to the rocker arm kinda thing in the picture (sorry for sideways pic) that goes into the case, so I'm guessing it's something inside that broke. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how we should go about fixing it? Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like a pin has dropped out, the brake band has broken or the linnings have come off the brake band.
Alright, I figured it was probably something with the brake. How should I go about finding the problem? How hard is it to get the brake torn apart?