Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Omega Lift?

daddytrav ยท 2016-06-20 16:24

We are looking at buying a new rough terrain forklift and have had Eagle picher lifts in the past. They are getting harder and more expensive to find parts for. We have looked at JCB and Case and they both look like a viable option, but today we found one made by Omega Lift. the price is way better, but I hesitate to purchase something like that without knowing a bit more about the brand; reliability, parts availability/cost and the like. The JCB has a Fiat engine and the case is well...Case. The Omega has a Perkins Engine (which is a plus to me) as I have quite a bit of experience with them. I could not think of a better place to ask if anyone knows anything about them or has any experience with them. So, any information would be greatly appreciated. Any observations on the three machines and engines would be great as well. I would love to hear Pros AND cons. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1skata2016-06-21 00:22

    i had to google "omega lift". what odd looking machines. a jcb with a fiat engine?? what model? you looking for a mast forklift? what capacity? and what are you going to use it for?

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2016-06-21 12:31

    You do know that the Eagle-Pitcher brand was bought by Cat, and they have the updated version of the old ones available, and with Cat you can always get parts for it.

  3. #3daddytrav2016-06-21 15:12

    JDOFMEMI, I had been told that was the case, but had others tell me it was not. I will contact Cat. And Stata, I will double check. Maybe the info was given to me wrong. I had a list on my desk that the boss gave me, so will have to confirm what engine with what model.

  4. #4daddytrav2016-06-23 14:05

    I was wrong. the Case has the Fiat. the JCB has the Eco. I am thinking that Omega must not be very good if noone has heard of it.

  5. #5daddytrav2016-06-23 14:18

    mast lift. Looking for a Mast lift. 6,000lbs capacity. We are a stone quarry and need it for our yard lift. moving stone palletts that are 2 to 2.5 ton and larger landscape boulders up to 3 ton in winter and summer. the ones we have now are Eagle Picher RT60's. needs to be 4x4.