Bought this great 15,000 forklift for $3,300 (with BP) from city of Chicago. https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/ They said it was scrap and there seems to be nothing wrong with it.
Your tax dollars at work. Glad you got a good buy, I believe the Kalmars are pretty much bulletproof.
Yes, I have a 5k Kalmar AC, who knows how old. It was my first forklift. It never needed any major repairs.
I'll take a guess. The only person bidding against you was the city employee whom said it was junk.
I do not want to comment on this because I will be bidding in their future auctions. Otherwise I would certainly comment.
That's been my suspicion sometimes when you see a machine like that, one that's in "great" shape for the private sector, but "scrap" for govt work. I've seen it enough though, and never seen an inside bidder, so I think it's more a case of emphasizing the as is, no guarantees nature of the sale. Besides why would the fleet manager buy the old forklift when he could have the guys take the new one out to his house any time? Really the guys that handle the sales have very little interest in the old stuff, and if one of the young workers want's to bid on their old forklift, that's fine with me. I assume Ichudov didn't inspect before buying, and the other bidders probably didn't either?
Being from a transit authority would likely mean it was serviced and maintained on a regular basis because they had the resources and manpower to do it. It was probably in the auction just because it was older and replaced with a new one or they didn't need it anymore.
Delmer, I did NOT inspect before buying. I feel so lucky because that bid mount was my very highest, I would not go any higher given my lack of knowledge. I feel so lucky that the other guy ended his bidding at this price, unbelievable.
Here's the "new look" ;-)
I'd have gone with red, but the yellow is an improvement over the white!
looks like an immature schoolgirl
lmao
Thanks for reminding me about this thread. This is now my best winter forklift. Starts easily in the cold (almost nothing else I have does ), has a cab with doors and heat, great outdoor suspension and tires.
Some equipment manufacturers give a huge discount to municipals. (Deere does) for what reason I don't know. The muni's then "scrap" the old equipment. Your tax dollars at work ... or not...
What kind of suspension does your forklift have? Only forklift I've seen with suspension is my old champ, it has springs under the steer axle, but it was designed to pull down the road behind a truck.