Looking at getting an on board scale for a dump truck. I see a few different manufactures. Any Pros / Cons here to consider? Thanks in advance.
Loadman Onboard Scales I just saw your post. I work for LoadMan Scales, so I'll provide a bit of background that might help you with your research and your decision. I'm working on our new website so I've pasted in some information that will soon be posted on-line. Bulk Hauling LoadMan was the first company in North America to successfully design working scales for dump trucks. And LoadMan has on-board scale systems for a wide variety of bulk hauling applications – including dump trucks, pup trailers, frameless & standard end dumps, and side dumps. We offer all the products you’ll need to build your onboard weighing system. Start with hydraulic pressure sensors, hinge pin and/or hoist pin load cells, and trunnion axle load cells. Add in our LoadMan LoadCoders that convert the analog signals to a pure digital signal. Then combine our multi-function cab-mounted display and you have a powerhouse system that allows you to weigh when you need it – NOW. Plus, our mutifunctional LoadMan meter can report individual load weights while also reporting accumulated load weights. Finally, improve business productivity by including LoadMan Fleet Management Software to track the number of loads, the weight of each load and the accumulated weight. This is must-have software when you need accountability of loads -- especially when managing a fleet of haulers.
Thanks...I am looking for a unit that I can just use the airbag system to get a weight reading. Need something that is fairly simple, yet decent quality.
Just tee in a air gauge. mount it in a box if you like. if i remember right 32 lbs on the drives, 46 lbs on the trailer put me leagle U.S. weights. But it has been a while. don't matter anyway, load legale cheak your psi write it down. or did you need to spend more money?muzy
Sounds like a nice low budget plan... I may just try it. It will be a little tough trying to read the gauge from the loader, but I can see where it would work fine. Thank you.
Oh your loading yourself. One of the keys to loading trucks is fill your bucket the same evrytime. Loading 18 wheel dumps one in the front one in the back one about 2/3 from back thean a spash till it's high enough, tri trailer about 1/3 from back. Once your bucket placement and size are consestant you will see when it is correct. As far as the psi I mentioned earlier, pretty sure I forget what it was. But you will see once you scale. Also trailer brakes not applied as the suspenion will bind and give untrue values. muzy
Have you looked into Vulcan On Board Scales? We can scale your air bags with a hand held meter that you can take with you or hand to the loader. This way the weights are visible on your wired meter in the cab and on the remote hand held. Vulcan Scales uses a pressure sensor that is specifically designed for On Board Truck applications, all made in the USA. Give us a call for more information if you have more questions.