Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

On-Board Weighing/Scales for Haul Trucks?

MichaelCC ยท 2019-08-09 02:51

HeavyEquipmentForums I'm cross-posting from the "Truck" forum cause I wasn't sure where to post. Please delete this if it's against the site's rule & I'm sorry. --------------------------- Hi, guys, a new guy here. I got into a good sized Cement/mining/trucking company just this year. Before that, I was just an IT guy another company. Well, my manager for some reason has tasked me to find On-Board scales for our big old Haul trucks. We have a mix of trucks, mostly Caterpillar and Komatsu. We'll also be looking into installing them in our dump trucks too later on, so it seems. Apparently they've been mostly eye-balling it so far. BTW, I'm not in the US right now, I just moved to Asia for the job, so regulations here aren't as strict as in the US. Well any suggestions for reputable companies related to On-board scales would be greatly greatly appreciated. And cheap. my boss kept yelling it needs to be cheap. And very accurate. But also cheap. Ugghh, sigh. Well really thanks guys, and hopefully I can contribute "something" to this forum in the future.

Replies1
  1. #1digger242j2019-08-09 06:19

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. While cross-posting isn't technically prohibited in the rules, it can cause confusion. What we most often do is to close one of the threads, and provide a link to the remaining one, to direct all replies to one place. You've already taken care of that part, which makes life easy. Thank you. Your question is way out of my area of expertise, but I'm sure somebody knows something about it, so chances are good that you'll get some help.