Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ZF trans in moxy mt30

red-diesel ยท 2019-08-14 10:11

Hi I wonder if anyone has information at all on this transmission thanks in advance red diesel

Replies13
  1. #1Bigbert2019-08-15 15:31

    Hi red-diesel, guess it is a ZF 6 WG 200 tranny. What info do you need? Could possibly share via email.

  2. #2red-diesel2019-08-20 14:25

    yes it is a zf 6 wg 200 tranny lost drive while going forword atempts to go back in reverse but not much the oil is clean and no bad smell I checked the 5 solenoid sequence in all gears they check out ok Not sure where to go from here.Oh I checked what clutch pipes were kicking when selecting gears In 1st gear kv and 1v and kr were kicking. I'm sure only 2 pipes should be kicking in each gear hope you can throw some light on the job

  3. #3Bigbert2019-08-20 15:11

    you are fully right, only 2 hoses need pressure for drive. Clean oil sounds promising. Guess, the issue is either wiring or gasket in control valve. Did you check pressures at pressure ports? Need around 16 bar. Could share an operators manual via email.

  4. #4red-diesel2019-08-20 15:45

    thanks Ravensburg Will not be going back to the moxy till friday or it could be tuesday it's bank on monday will let you know how I got on. Did not check pressures. That will be my first job I'll check converter out as well. Did you ever see the gasket blowing in the control valve? Many thanks red diesel

  5. #5Bigbert2019-08-21 01:02

    Hi red diesel, let us check the pressures before stripping control valve. KV and splitter clutch K4 driving forward, KR for reverse. Will it move in reverse gear? Only pressure in KR and K1 or K2 or K3 dependent on switch position. Are solenoids fed directly from gear switch? Or via electronic Box EST 2 or 25? Parts list number of transmission would help. 4644 026 xxx? Gaskets might do strange things or some debris in control valve might lead to stickig spool.

  6. #6red-diesel2019-08-21 04:26

    Hi Bigbert, Solenoids are fed via electronic box EST 25. Will do all test and get back to you with transmission number and pressures. Many thanks.

  7. #7Bigbert2019-08-21 07:25

    Hi red diesel, With TCU EST 25 we can exclude electrical issue. It would detect and drop to neutral. Good luck.

  8. #8red-diesel2019-08-21 15:33

    if I need to take the valve block out for checking will I have to remove the near side wheel { moxy mt 30] thanks in advance

  9. #9red-diesel2019-08-30 11:20

    all pressures ok. serial no 4644 424 1416. Checked the filter and opened the pleats lot of metal bits there looks like bearing, So I will take the box out. Is it a difficult box to strip down and rebuild red diesel

  10. #10Bigbert2019-08-30 12:02

    Hi Red Diesel, you'd need some patience and skill to rebuild. Hope, I'm able to find a workshop manual for this box when I'm back home on weekend. Please get me an email address to share. Regards Bigbert

  11. #11red-diesel2019-08-30 16:16

    email address [email protected] many thanks

  12. #12mr hatt2019-09-18 21:39

    Any way I can get a copy of that manual also? I've got a 1990 Moxy 6227B trans serial#2365. I'm always looking for more info on this truck whenever I can it. Email address is [email protected] Thank you

  13. #13sawyer.spring2026-03-18 17:13

    Could I get a copy aswell? [email protected]