Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

On guard system problems

Ziaman ยท 2023-11-15 11:40

Hello everyone. I've been breaking my head on this issue for about a week now, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2014 freightliner cascadia DD13. I'm getting several codes but mainly SPN 5606 FMI 19. My truck starts and accelerates fine on neutral, once in gear it only goes on and off up to 3 to 5 mph. Reverse works fine. Thanks for your help in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-11-15 14:27

    IIRC-that relates to connection issue-and more than likely because of year it's a harness issue. If it was taking forever to shift from neutral to drive but would be slow shifting to reverse that is actuator and internal-a common issue on early models--And I'm guessing this truck has a DD12 transmission or is it a Eaton Auto Shift?

  2. #2Ziaman2023-11-15 14:47

    It's a 10 speed Eaton. It works perfectly when the On guard system is disabled. Right now it's giving me a SPN904-9 and 1121-9 and is shifting as it should.

  3. #3Ziaman2023-11-15 14:50

    Once I shut it off it resets itself and won't go forward.

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-11-15 14:58

    Can't help with that one, better off to call a local dealer to get info.