Is it just me and my browser, or free or inexpensive online manuals started to disappear? It feels like someone going around and cleaning up information for independent shops and mechanics!
TBH I know everyone wants something for nothing but I don't see how people who own a machine that's probably worth somewhere North of $100k jibbing at $500 for a manual. Maybe that's just me ...........
O! I wish the owners of the machine would have manuals too! At least electric diagrams! Looks like they don’t want to pay for manuals and for “hose and wire pulling” time either!
I don't mind buying a manual, but some of the big crane companies won't even sell you the manual for your all terrain crane any more. They don't even print up manuals that come with the crane, (sometimes theres a disc or a flash drive). Some of the info is "dealer only" access. Which is fine when its new and under warranty. But I'm the poor guy looking at a 20 year old crane, that's super complicated and needs some work. And it comes with a wiring diagram and a hydraulic schematic- both in german. And I don't "speakens ze duetsch".
I am taking about information that was there, and not anymore! Some of it disappeared completely, some of it is empty “page not found”
That is why you have a big ole desktop computer with a hard drive backed up 3 different ways. Save everything you come across and give it a file name you can find it again
I hear you!!!
I remember Dale Carnegie said: “The most valuable commodity is information! Wouldn’t you agree?”
Ok, I can resist no longer, so here's my vent....!! I am sick & tired of companies, particularly equipment companies, that make "information" a profit center!! In order to encourage users to buy their stuff, they should be willing to make any & all information on that equipment easily available on line, at NO cost, or at least at VERY little cost!! When I shell out the big bucks for equipment, then am confronted with an extra price for on-line manuals, I feel absolutely nickel & dimmed & insulted!! Companies that have a user-friendly, enlightened information policy are ones that I will go out of my way to deal with. Unfortunately, there are not very many.
Well! Deer in process of trying to fight Nebraska’s “Right to Repair” law came up with the statement that when you paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for piece of equipment - you didn’t really bought it, you’re leasing it from them!!!
You got that right. My removable HDD is 1TB and it's getting close to needing an upgrade - as in something bigger....... How many times have you found "interesting" information completely by accident while looking for something else..? I always print a pdf copy and file it away in my external HDD for "Ron", as in "later on"..........
I do the same thing. I have saved tons of stuff. Some times when guys post link to the manual they have it is like in there OneDrive box which will get full and need to be cleaned out to add more to share more stuff with others. So download and save when you come across any thing you find .
Leave it to the lawyers....what a complete crock of shxxt!! Maybe we should turn that around.....if we're just leasing it, why isn't maintenance included??
Cat used to have exerpts from o&m manuals on their safety page. I downloaded and saved them on the desktop so I can refer to them when the machine and hard copy are away from home. They seem to have disappeared as well.
Deere goal is to dominate Industrial Ag worldwide: GPS plowing, tilling, agro chemical, seeds-planting, harvesting etc. Control the food (sources) = control the populist (people) = support from politicians = monetary scratch my back favors, LOL
Another strange development: inexpensive diagnostic fittings started disappearing from eBay! I wanted to buy kit of DKO swivel run tees, it was there just week ago! When I finally got money to buy today - it’s gone!
Not unusual. Did you add the items to your watch list? Some items listed can also be added to your cart, and pay later. Example: Chinese DKO swivel run tees https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Pack-DKO...st-Coupling-Point-for-Excavator-/322552842758
Interesting!!! I clicked on the link and took me to eBay and said it is on my watch list!!! But it wasn’t there 20 minutes ago! Anyway EBay said my Chinese friend Bruce went on vacation! So no joy!
How did you find it? A was looking in my watch list and browse for it for about hour and the half?!?!
And can any one tell me, how in the world a guy who set off doing hydraulic diagnostics only ( keep dreaming on!) ended up spending whole bunch of money on low voltage tools and materials ??? Four multimeters, Has Power Probe 4, Power Probe 3000 tracer, numerous contact and crimper kits, numerous lead kits! And now sitting looking at PP Hook and Pico Scope? And why in the world all electrical equipment is almost brand new but four hydraulic analizers made in 50s,60s and 70s?