so i started working for an enviromental remedation company again, and i'm on a job in wellsville ny.its cleaning an old river bed next to an old refinery. heres a couple pictures of the stuff so far, still waiting on two hoes and a offroad truck.
couple more, getting things ready
So which do you like better for bushhogging? Cat Or ASV? which tracks are smoother? Which one has given less trouble? Sorry for so many questions.
cool looks like a fun job . cant wait to see the off road truck. keep us updated.:drinkup
Those are aftermarket tracks on the Cat, it's originally a rubber tired skid steer. Looks like that brand Koering? Something like that.
I liked mowing with my asv ,it handles the weight fine but it flows less than the cat so the cats a little better for mowing it spins it faster. The cat is a 252b with the vts track conversion, it's ok a little hard on the turning. The truck should be a cat 725 or 730 and the hoes are a 320 and a long reach 32?
Those are Loegering VTS tracks. I now it was on the tip of your tongue, so I thought I'd throw it out there for ya. Brian
That's it!! Thanks! It was late and I didn't have time to do the research.
couple of the 320 after it showed up on thursday even though cat said it'd be here on monday
some more pics finally got some internet again
some more
lookin good , glad ya found some work....
jimmyjack, all the iron Milton Cat rentals? Where's Wellsville, N.Y...Sounds like it's up in the northern tier.:beatsme Have fun with it.
LowBoy, Wells ville is about 50 miles south and about 47 miles east of Buffalo, Have you noticed how Milton has grown over the years? Just like Nortrax for Deere up here in New England?
lowboy,yea all the cat stuff came form Milton it's nice all of them but the the dozer are under 200hrs,the asv is mine. Wellsville is just south of rt86 about 2hrs south of buffalo only about 1/2hr from pa. I'll try and get some more pics loaded up when I have Internet at the lodge again(little to post using my phone)
so pics from this week
and the last couple
Yeah Milton definitely sprouted up over the last dozen years. Just the other day I was having a discussion with a Milton Cat service tech that was on the job I'm on, he said they are closing a few of the western New York branches down for sales. Sign of the times I believe.
Milton Closed Buffalo and Rochester NY last January. Milton opened a new 20 million dollar facality in Batavia NY to replace both Buffalo and Rochester.
Nice pics Jimmyjack! Are you an independent sub or do you work for that company? Do you mind saying what company you are doing work for? Glad to see you're stayin busy!
I was told by the Cat tech that Buffalo & Rochester were closed for sales, but still used for storage/inventory. I've been to all of their facilities, but not for a year now, so I was out of the "loop".
Both are now empty and up for sale.
That's not bad then, Batavia being 1/2 way between the two cities hopefully all the employees are happy with their brand new shiny facility like Clifton Park.
i just work for them and rent my skid to them, at the time when they were lookin for tracked skid steers, cat only had the rubber tired one with the track conversion. the company is http://www.envirocon.com/
Thanks- looks like a nice company there. A lot of diverse projects goin on.
was a short week, the only major thing we did was pour 126yds of concrete ointhead i can tell you if this operater thing doesnt work out ill make one hell of a bullfloat operater:Banghead:Banghead
got some more pics of this project from my buddy that were on his computer, better late then never. ill try and put them in order . its funny most my pics are him running stuff and his are me running stuff mostly the skid steer
more pics
more got pics fromthe whole project so ...
and they keep coming
some more
last couple