Hi i was just wondering if anybody knows what is the going price on have a set of tracks rebuilt for my cat 941.By that i mean having new pin/bushing and pad bolts/nuts installed.Sorry the place i get all my trackloader parts from stop rebuilding tracks and the place they told me to call never called me back. also dont know if it would be better just to end up getting a set of brand new tracks. thanks Mopar65
As far as I am aware, Fabick and ERB have the only track rebuild shops in the general Missouri area, Fabick would only do a rail exchange for me for the last Cat I worked on for a client, the guys at ERB are doing much the same. Seems there are a few companies selling either Berco or Vtrack replacements but few to none doing bushing/pin turns or replacements and shoe replacements anymore.
Heavyquip from KC, Kansas or Columbia, MO or the nearest branch to you will come and give you a bid on what is needed for free, they also have a program in place right now for financing the repairs over 3- payments if needed at 0 or very cheap interest. I have had excellent luck with them on many undercarrage parts and repairs.
Heavyquip does not have a track press in kc anymore, i know that foley and evans and altorfer do so I'm sure there are many many more out there . Also I have had heavyquip come in about 25% HIGHER than foley/dean so many times I have all but given up on even pricing HQ ..... Also, foley shop rate and their efficiency is much much better than fabick in my opinion I'm right between the 2 of them so distance to the store does not play a factor in my desicion when I take something to them Pj
I'm thinking the u/c on a 941 would be similar to that of a 943. I just put rails, top and bottom rollers, sprocket segments, idlers, and all the hardware for around $8500 from Heavyquip in Memphis, TN. I believe it was ITR parts. I don't know how close you are to Memphis but I know their sales rep pretty well. I can get you a number if you'd like him to come give you a free quote, provided you're within his territory.
thanks for the info guys. a place in union mo called cohns and sons used to build track but they quit doing them.I found a place in west plains mo that does it but so far they have never called me back with a price yet. I would love to do what jmoney86 did to his but that's way out of my price range right now. thanks Bobby
You should be able to get a new set of chains for about 3k and put your pads on them and build up one grouser with some t-1 bar stock get a few bottom rollers if any of yours are bad,weld on some new sprockets,wilson-finley has sprockets for 125 each,there should be somebody in your area with good after market undercarriage but if you can't find anybody look at rock and dirt.com and you can find someone there that sells it.