I just got a call that a DVE we have on site shut down with a FAULT light after running for several hours. This particular unit doesn't have the 12-lamp diagnostic panel, only the 2-lamp run/fault indicator set. Anyone familiar enough with these units to give suggestions on troubleshooting? The operator on site reported that the engine oil level is correct; I'm waiting to hear back on coolant level. He also said the reset switch felt "weird"...yeah, very helpful. Presumably it's an oil pressure or coolant temp sensor issue but the operator's manual isn't detailed enough to really dig into that.
Model/Serial is always a good start.
I'll get the serial noted down next time I'm up there; the model is DVE. Fortunately, it sounds like he got it resolved - the radiator cap was cracked and the system was about two gallons low. Sensors worked as advertised and shut the unit down before any damage could occur. Coolant was topped off and a new cap ordered.