Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One for the ET wizards…

simonsrplant ยท 2015-09-25 12:43

345 PJW prefix, keeps loosing FLS parameters, as a result, engine ecm error displays on the monitor. What am I missing here?

Replies7
  1. #1DEMLONE702015-09-25 14:14

    Engine ecm has lost his parameters u need to replace it

  2. #2simonsrplant2015-09-25 14:25

    Replace the ecm you mean or parameters? I can use ET configuration tool to input the correct FLS and FTS figures but they are not stored.

  3. #3DEMLONE702015-09-25 14:41

    Yes replace ecm because they not keep restored

  4. #4Nige2015-09-25 15:03

    Try flashing the same Part number of engine software file that the ECM already contains. I've seen quite a few cases where ECMs went cranky and were cured with a re-flash. if that doesn't work it's a replacement ECM I'm afraid.

  5. #5Cmark2015-09-25 18:44

    Yes, I've also had a few ECMs lose their FLS or FTS. Fortunately because the setting goes 'blank' you don't need a factory PW to reprogram it. Unfortunately if it happens again the cure is a new ECM. Interesting you're working on a 345. The last two I've had have been on medium/large HEXs. A 345 and a 365.

  6. #6Nige2015-09-26 03:21

    That's always a good point to remember because you only get one "attempt" to install FLS & FTS in a blank ECM without requiring Factory Passwords.

  7. #7simonsrplant2015-09-26 12:36

    Thank you gentlemen. Your input it greatly appreciated.