Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One Huge Boo Boo!

Vahighwayman ยท 2009-06-18 08:19

9 Days Old and on it's First Job and 4 million bucks in the hole (literally) Failure of back propping beneath the 200mm thick concrete deck

Replies10
  1. #1Vahighwayman2009-06-18 08:23

    Crane Saga Continues Crane support outrigger punches through slab causing crane to lose balance and collapse across the site and onto adjoining property. Crane balanced in the air for approx 1 hour before entire rig & boom collapse completely across site.

  2. #2Vahighwayman2009-06-18 08:27

    Crane Boo Boo Still Rig falls through to the basement. Amazing that no one was seriously injured or killed. I don't know where it happened just a buddy of mine emailed me this story. I bet there was a whole lotta OH xxxx said that day.

  3. #3DuraMaxMan662009-06-18 14:58

    wow that would be quite something to see in person

  4. #4HeyUvaVT2009-06-18 15:21

    wow....just wow....

  5. #5CM19952009-06-18 20:04
  6. #6Vahighwayman2009-06-18 21:20

    If I realized that there was already a thread on this horrific accident, I would have not wasted my time and re-posted it. Like I said in the thread that I started with this accident, a buddy of mine has e-mailed me the photos and story on it and I took it that it was recent. Sorry!:beatsme

  7. #7td25c2009-06-18 23:02

    Good thread Vahighwayman.If they would have spent a little time and money on cribbing ,the job would have been a success insted of a disaster.It was a nice crane,to bad it ended like that.

  8. #8scholzee2009-06-19 07:39

    Anyone know what happens to a crane after an accident like that ? Does it get totally scraped ? Could it be rebuilt and certified ? Would anyone want it after an accident like that ?

  9. #9AtlasRob2009-06-20 16:51

    Dont beat yourself too much over it. I did exactly the same thing. I did a search but missed it lucky for me somebody posted the link and I managed to back up a bit rapid with all the alarms going

  10. #10Finish Blademan2009-06-20 18:51

    Not a problem.Thats the first time I have ever seen it ..so Good on ya for posting it Old Dominion Highwayman..:drinkup Anyways,who is the idiot that didn`t ask what that rig is going to sit on? It doesn`t take a brain surgeon or engineer to figure out a hollow structure with that amount of weight and downward pressure is going to place massive stress on the surface material.....