Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One hydraulic circuits … with 3 fittings?

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2020-01-30 20:01

Howdy, I've located a Maulder grader for sale and it has spare hydraulic circuits front and rear. I'm confused about why it has three couplers, both in the front and back. My tractor has spare hydraulics on it too but each circuit is just two fittings. Is this something specific to graders?

Replies11
  1. #1Jonas3022020-01-30 20:24

    Small one is case drain for hyd motors

  2. #2excavator2020-01-30 20:57

    Yep, case drain circuit so you can run a broom or anything with a hyd. motor.

  3. #3RenoHuskerDu2020-01-30 21:09

    Thanks guys

  4. #4cuttin edge2020-01-31 15:00

    Any more pictures of it?

  5. #5RenoHuskerDu2020-01-31 23:28

    Yessir, but you'll have to wait a bit till I have her here.

  6. #6cuttin edge2020-02-01 07:45

    OK, just curious to see how it compares to mine. I noticed the Cummins badge, ours both have liquid cooled Deutz. Our buckets are larger too, long floor like a bobcat. Great for picking up concrete and asphalt, but too heavy to lift wet gravel over the side of a tandem truck.

  7. #7RenoHuskerDu2020-02-01 11:12

    I think you're the guy who first told me about these compact graders. Thank you! Here's a couple more pics, but I don't have it here at my yard yet to take better pics. My local dealer says they went to Deutz for a while, now it's back to Cummins for the new 415XT that's strangled with all the BushClintonObamao emissions stuff.

  8. #8RenoHuskerDu2020-02-01 11:15

    Mauldin says that they had to redesign the engine compartment to fit in all the smog stuff. I really hate DEF setups. So many spendy repairs.

  9. #9cuttin edge2020-02-01 12:43

    They will do a ton of work if you treat them right. The smaller bucket is probably a better idea. One of the guys twisted the boom on the older machine trying to force the bucket. Not a big deal but on a flat surface one corner sits about an inch and a half higher than the other. We pair it up with a 6 ton bomag roller. They fit perfectly on a tri axle tag along float behind a tandem Freightliner truck. He moves the gear in, drops the tag, hauls the crap away, then brings clean gravel back

  10. #10RenoHuskerDu2020-02-11 19:01

    Here's the pic of it in my yard. Already graded my driveway in about 20 minutes. 500 yards. Looks like mine has the 3/4yd bucket on it. Really glad I have the Cummins.

  11. #11cuttin edge2020-02-11 19:10

    Looks to be in good shape. I think you'll be happy with the work it will do. Hopefully it's in good of shape as it looks