Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One more ‘What hoe to buy’ thread.

Ryno95 ยท 2013-02-21 21:01

Hello! What an informative site, I have really enjoyed reading through many posts. I have learned a ton just browsing. I am in the market for a used backhoe. I have an old JD 310C and am looking to upgrade. I'd like to stay with JD (I see reading through this site many of you guys are brand loyal to a fault to your own favorite machines!). More specifically, I'd like to find a 310SG. This machine has the size, capability, and price range I'm looking for. Many of the machines I have found for sale have the following options listed below. I am after A/C, extendahoe, and 4 x 4. Is anything else a must? How many hours is too many? Most machines seem to be in the 2500 - 4500hr range. I am located in eastern Iowa. Not too far away is Joe Welch Equipment . If you click on the link you can see there are a few 310SG's for sale. Has anyone had any experience with this guy? Thanks in advance. Ryan Enclosed Cab AC fabric air suspension seat powershift transmission w/MFWD, 21L x 24 rear, 12.5/80-18 front tires digmor extension auxiliary hydraulics pilot backhoe controls reversible stabilizer pads bucket w/coupler 1.30 cubic yard loader bucket w/aux. edge AM/FM radio engine heater ether aid ride control HD bucket cylinder 4 in 1 bucket thumb

Replies2
  1. #1Canadian_digger2013-02-21 21:33

    The 310sg are great machines. I had 4 of them at one time. Still have two. All with 4000hrs or more. I never had any major problems. The only thing I had problems with are the fuel pedal springs breaking, cheap to fix just a pain in the but to replace. Also had a couple problems with switches in the seat going bad, also not a big problem. I would ad pilot controls with pattern selector to your list of must haves. Ride control is a real nice option to have, but not a must have in my opinion.

  2. #2Ryno952013-02-22 12:17

    Thanks for the info digger. I hear RC is nice while traveling on the road especially.