Hey guys it's soon to be that time again I am going to need to replace the u/c on my D6RXL I was wondering if anyone has used this system and what thier thoughts are on it? I typically get 3500-4000 hours before i need to replace them. I have used cat and berco in the past and both seem to last about the same but my dealer says the new one system will last 7000 hours and I laughed at him. Was he telling me the truth or trying to make a sale? :beatsme
I'm also curious about System one undercarriage. I haven't heard much about it for quite a while. Brian
I too have a D-6R XL, and am currently at 6000+ hrs on the undercarriage, with +/- 400 hrs left on it. This is the second UC, and the first went 6500 hrs. In the variety of materials here in California, I think that is really good, and will put the same Cat extreme service UC back on it. My experience with Berco, ITM, Et Al is about half the life of Cat UC. I have heard very good things about system one in the midwest states, but the work we do here in CA does not agree with it. I know a couple of users who have had major downtime due to system one. It packs, and then snaps the idler shaft with alarming regularity. Has other problems breaking links, and falling off. It seems to happen only in the right soil types, and primarily when doing slope work (most machines that size here are equipped with a slope board). I will be curious to see some other midwesterners chime in on this.
we priced it for our D6M LPG and it was twice the cost of the one we went with, our dealership hasn't even sold any system ones yet, only the ones that come on the new machines.