Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One “Toasted” NYE Eng. bucket, some large iron, and DMM’s.

garieresco ยท 2009-09-05 11:59

Sorry, edit again.

Replies11
  1. #1digger242j2009-09-05 12:18

    I fixed your links, garieresco. http:// http://www3.sympatico.ca/b18c5/mack9.jpg"]http://http://www3.sympatico.ca/b18c5/mack9.jpg Personally, I don't know whose bright idea it was to include an "http://" (I highlighted it in red above), in the box they provide for posting links, since most of the time you'll be cutting and pasting the addresses from somewhere that already includes that, but they do it. You just need to remember to backspace that http part out before you paste in the address you're posting. I tried the links as you'd posted them, and they didn't work, but once I took out that extraneous http thing, they work, (with the exception of the first one. ) Thanks for sharing those, and welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums! :drinkup On edit: LOL! You saw they didn't work, and edited them out while I was fixing them! :Banghead Try again, the way I described. Thanks for your persistence.

  2. #2garieresco2009-09-05 12:28

    Excellent Digger, I just finished, moments ago, asking Steve Frazier for some help. I believe myself to be fairly IT savy, and haven't had this kind of resistance at all on the other 12 forums I'm an active/current participant in. I have Terra Bytes of pics from my last 40 years around this stuff and believe I have a considerable amount of beneficial info to offer this Forum. Also I'd like to post my pics utilizing my monthly paid for/suscribed web space, and not waste H-E's bandwidth. Thanks Again Digger, I Really appreciate the assistance.

  3. #3garieresco2009-09-05 12:31

    edit

  4. #4digger242j2009-09-05 12:33

    I believe that extra http problem is a VBulletin thing, and not just a HEF thing. It does seem to trip people up though. I even sometimes have to go back and fix links I've posted myself, becasue I'll sometimes forget to take that first http out. I dunno why they put it there... :beatsme On edit: That one seems to have worked. :thumbsup On edit of edit: Ok, I'm just going to step away from the keyboard, until you get done...:dizzy

  5. #5tootalltimmy2009-09-05 13:54

    I always go to the " manage attachments " button below in additional options where you have a choice to upload from your computer or a website URL. The HTTP problem is common to another forum that uses Yuku. As long as it is highlighted you will paste right over the extra HTTP.

  6. #6digger242j2009-09-05 14:43

    Garieresco was trying to post links to pics hosted elsewhere, which is where that extra http was getting in the way. We've been in touch via PM, and hopefully he'll get them uploaded to here, and we'll get to see the pictures tonight.

  7. #7hvy 1ton2009-09-05 14:53

    That nye bucket has defiantly seen better days.

  8. #8garieresco2009-09-06 07:27

    Toast NYE Bucket: Enter Large Iron:

  9. #9garieresco2009-09-06 07:59

    Now for my favourite...the Mack Stuff, especially the DMM's, and an R: http://www3.sympatico.ca/b18c5/mack12.jpg http://www3.sympatico.ca/b18c5/mack4.jpg

  10. #10stock2009-09-06 14:04

    While driving a volvo 460 some time back we were moving slig ,shoved the bucket into the ground and as I was filling it there was an awfully loud bang;, when I lifted it up, the bucket was in ***** with the ears nearly off it,put it on the truck and sent it back to the maker as it was 3 weeks old.

  11. #11Dominion 4102009-09-06 22:05

    toast Looks like they were using the bucket to drive in sheet piling,as seen on the ground in one photo.Do believe I've seen that 800 on a project earlier this year. The RB and DMM are still the toughest trucks in my book.A benchmark for others to follow.Excellent pics,btw:drinkup Dominion:canada