Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Online Parts For Hitachi Excavator?

ippielb · 2022-04-24 01:44

Does Hitachi have an online parts diagram like cat does? I'm looking for some parts for my hitachi ex230-lc5 serial number 15SP001629

Replies30
  1. #1excavator2022-04-24 23:52

    Go to Deere parts, all the Hitachi diagrams ect. are there.

  2. #2ippielb2025-07-19 13:41

    I’m still struggling with finding a good decent parts diagram for my machine. The Hino engine it has seems to be the issue. All other parts are easily aquirable, but John Deere couldn’t get me a proper thermostat even. H07C-TD engine in my machine. I had to get a new water temperature sensor and no where could find it, not even the hitachi dealer. Looking to get a new ac compressor, the ac drier, thermostat, turbocharger. Not sure if truck engine parts fit properly due to orientation on the excavator.

  3. #3Steve Austin2025-07-19 14:55

    Might give this company a call. They state they have parts for your engine on their web site. Heavy Equipment Restoration Parts Fennville Michigan 269-673-1638

  4. #4excavator2025-07-19 15:15

    What model is your machine?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-07-19 17:31

    The Deere online parts catalog lists the part #’s for the a/c compressor and the drier for that Hitachi EX230LC-5 No Hino engine hard parts tho. See (2) screenshots below.

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-07-20 01:54

    The Hino truck dealer may have info on the different engine configurations. Might be able to get parts if there is a part number on the old ones. It doesn't seem like too old of a machine that the Hitachi dealer can't help with parts or part numbers.

  7. #7Universal Parts2025-07-20 02:53

    Your machine has the same engine as Hitachi 220-5. Part number 24100-3260A is the supercharger of your machine. Can you check it? Need to know more

  8. #8ippielb2025-07-20 14:58

    1998 Hitachi EX230-LC5 I will try looking up the parts again using those part numbers. But I went to John Deere the agricultural side, and then Deere the construction side and both told me they don’t even have access to the computer parts diagrams anymore. They would have to search through books, then the hitachi dealership said the same thing they’d have to look in books. I don’t have a compressor at all, bought the machine without one or I could just find the part number on it. The thermostat doesn’t have a part number on it either. I did contact the Hino dealership local to me, and they could find the part number for the temperature sensor I found. But could not guarantee that it would fit on the engine due to the orientation of a truck motor vs the excavator. When I tried to order thermostat for the engine, Deere gave me two individual thermostats when my engine has one larger one. And it’s slightly stuck open, so it doesn’t get up to temp when it’s cold out. Turbo.Spec CXBE9801 Serial No. RHC 191090 PartsNo. 24100-3340A This is what’s on the stamping on the turbo cover.

  9. #9ippielb2025-07-20 15:06

    For the life of me I can’t get Deere to recognize my serial number. Or find the model number when I go to the parts diagrams. What page are you using?

  10. #10Diesel Dave2025-07-20 16:14

    In this case use the the model # not the serial # . Link below to Deere online parts , https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search/type/model/term/EX230LC-5 .

  11. #11ippielb2025-07-20 17:42

    Thank you I am going to save that link, when I type that in it doesn’t bring anything up.

  12. #12Diesel Dave2025-07-20 17:51

    You are at https://partscatalog.deere.com ?

  13. #13ippielb2025-07-20 18:31
  14. #14Welder Dave2025-07-20 18:58

    Maybe it's not working in Canada?

  15. #15Diesel Dave2025-07-20 19:00

    You are at shop.deere.com . I find it is not user friendly and I don’t believe it has any parts info for the Hitachi machines. I have always used https://partscatalog.deere.com .

  16. #16Universal Parts2025-07-20 19:15

    This is the supercharger. Do you have a photo of your air conditioner compressor? I can find it here.

  17. #17ippielb2025-07-20 20:53

    That’s weird, I just googled Deere parts and it brought me to the Deere website. I figured that would’ve been the same one when I clicked on the “diagrams” button on that page. Good to know, I bookmarked that website you listed. Looks to be a similar unit, my waste-gate is seized on the turbo won’t actuate, so I have it manually manipulated to a middle ground, not a permanent fix. I do not have a picture of the compressor, it was never on the machine when I bought it.

  18. #18Universal Parts2025-07-20 21:02

    The supercharger is the same as your machine. It is the same as Hitachi 220-5/230-5/270-5. The retail price is 300usd. Does the compressor have a part number? If there is a photo, I can find it more accurately.

  19. #19ippielb2025-07-20 21:54
  20. #20Universal Parts2025-07-21 10:09

    It's the one I just sent

  21. #21ippielb2025-10-02 15:04

    Well, I ordered a turbo and an ac compressor and a thermostat. The turbo looked to be right. But the feed line banjo bolt fitting was way too small. So that won’t work, I’m not modifying anything to work. The ac compressor I can’t tell if it’s right or not because it turns out that I do not even have the AC compressor mountain bracket on the motor…. And the thermostat is incorrect as well, the secondary valve on the bottom was completely different. It wouldn’t do anything. So 0/3 on my luck with online ordering. The Deere dealership can’t even look up parts for me on this engine, the hitachi dealership doesn’t have a book for it. And the hino dealership can’t tell me what would be correct on my motor at all, I’d have to order the part and see if it fits and if it doesn’t I can’t return it

  22. #22Welder Dave2025-10-02 17:07

    Is Wajax the Hitachi dealer in Sask.? I wonder if you just have a lazy dealer/parts guy that either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to look up older parts manuals? I'd think the Hino truck dealer should have parts diagrams to show the different thermostats and turbos. If the turbo is identical except for feed line connection I think it's highly possible the same turbo is used in different applications and modified for specific applications. Maybe there is an adaptor you could use or could modify the feed line?

  23. #23ippielb2025-10-02 17:30

    I’d have to buy a new feed line. Which is an option if they don’t let me return it. I’ve had it for a month almost and just got around to working on it now. Was concerned the lower oil flow wouldn’t be ideal with the smaller port. Wajax is the dealership, they said they don’t have the parts diagrams in the computer anymore. They’d have to physically look for it in the books which they didn’t have. So I got forwarded to a location in Calgary I think. To no avail. My old thermostat is on the left, the one I received is on the right.

  24. #24Diesel Dave2025-10-02 17:59

    Since the equipment dealers no longer have the physical Hino parts books you will have to try and get your own. If your H07C-TD engine number falls into the criteria on the parts manual front cover then Hino book # B-6660 (1997) or B-6661 (1999) I think would be correct. There is a listing on Ebay , location Winnipeg. See link below. https://ebay.us/m/hLjL6k .

  25. #25ippielb2025-10-03 00:45

    If anyone has a lead on everything in this picture, I need it all. But I don’t want to pay dealer prices. Unreal how much simple little brackets cost. I was going to make something myself but the importance of being straight and aligned, and being able to tension it properly… I’m not that talented, and the risk of failure could be extremely expensive.

  26. #26Welder Dave2025-10-03 03:12

    Maybe try Wajax in Edmonton. They might deal with a lot more pipeliners and larger outfits and have some of the older manuals. I thought of another place you could try that used to deal a lot of Hino trucks. The owners wife worked at a Hino dealer way back when and then they started a used truck and engine repair shop specializing in Hino. Now it looks like they mostly rebuild and sell engines. It's where I bought my Hino from. The name is On Track Kuntz & Company and the phone number is 780-672-6868. They are not far from Camrose, Alberta. They have a website too with some high dollar engines. Even a used Hino engine. If anybody can figure out what you need it might be them. Good luck!

  27. #27ippielb2025-10-03 12:10

    I tried on track Kuntz and they just had someone call looking for a motor for a similar machine. If they had the core they’d have pulled the bracket off it. But afraid they had nothing for me.

  28. #28Welder Dave2025-10-03 16:49

    Did you ask them about the thermostat or adopting the turbo?

  29. #29ippielb2025-10-03 20:42

    Honestly I totally forgot, there’s a place in Regina that is really good at making custom lines and hoses that I should be able to get a feed line made up if need be and a banjo bolt. It’s suppose to be -2 and -4 overnight on Sunday Monday. So my stuff took a back burner so I could try and get some time critical things out of the way so they won’t freeze.

  30. #30ippielb2025-10-21 20:31

    Finally got around the other day to putting that Chinese turbo on, give it a try at least. Pray for me. Got a new oil feed line made up for $90. And then went to dealership for studs for the exhaust housing on the turbo and that was wild. $120 for 6 studs and 6 nuts. Pre oiled the turbo, filled the turbo with oil and then filled the feed line and let it go through the turbo, refilled the line again and attached it to the feed port. Then let it idle for 30 minutes to try and ease it in. Today used it a little bit nothing serious, and I’m very surprised. Motor runs a lot smoother now, way quicker to respond to load. No smoke, doesn’t bog down at all. That old turbo was worse than I expected. Now to see how long this aftermarket turbo lasts.