I noticed that the Fuel Shutoff Solenoid on my Samsung Excavator has three wires, Black Red and White. I understand that Black is Ground, White is for Pull and Red is for Run. I recently had some wires melt and I am trying to rewire the SOS but the wiring diagram just shows one white wire coming out of the Solenoid. Why does the wiring specifications just show one wire when I know it has three.
Attached is the a portion of the wiring schematic I have.
Sorry, the schematic shows one red wire (wire 4R) that goes to the accessory portion of of the key switch, and a ground wire. It does not show where the white wire goes. I think it goes to either the Starter Relay or the Battery Relay but am not sure. Can someone help? I know it is supposed to just have a pull action when the starter is engaged and then cuts off and allows the lower amp red wire to hold the solenoid in.
I think you have the wrong wiring diagram. Old solenoids were dumb and needed to be powered when you wanted them to engage. More modern solenoids have three wires and electronics in them and have a ground wire, battery wire, and a wire which monitors the state of the ignition key. When the key is turned off the voltage is removed from the ignition wire and the solenoid draws power from the battery wire to engage for about ten seconds and then releases the plunger again.
Its a 1998-99 machine. Serial No. DBY1373.
Does anyone have another schematic for a Samsung SE130LC-2 Excavator. The one I have says it is for Series 130 Excavators.