Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Online Service Manuals

Bucketlist ยท 2017-05-06 10:59

I purchased a used 2005 Volvo mini-Ex recently and figure with all the model specific questions I have regarding service/ repair, it would be best to have a manual. The Volvo dealer needs 4-6 weeks to order 1 in. For the same price I can download a .pdf version online. Has anyone tried this with success or are these 3rd party online re-sellers a tad shady? Here is a link to the site that is offering the manual https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail...ec20bxtv-compact-excavator-service-and-repair Any feedback appreciated

Replies2
  1. #1StumpyWally2017-05-06 12:40

    As I recall, I've bought manuals from Tradebit twice...for my New Holland/Kobelco excavator & for my NH skid steer. The excavator one was fine, whereas the skid steer one was incomplete & not as advertised. I complained to Tradebit & they refunded my money. I later bought another one from a different source on Tradebit & it was fine. So, I would say, go for it... The PDF files are very useful in that you can electronically search them for words & phrases. Also, the prices are usually very reasonable, as compared to the absolutely ridiculously high prices the OEM's want for their manuals. Seems to me that if you want to sell equipment, you would want to make your manuals easily & readily available, not try to gouge users for them & make a profit...but that's a whole 'nother story about OEM's lack of customer service....

  2. #2Bucketlist2017-05-06 12:47

    Thanks @StumpyWally My need to know with your reassurance has me comfortable enough to give it a go. $50 US is a killer with our exchange but as you said, OEM is priced higher and 4-6 weeks is too long to wonder if I'm servicing the machine properly