Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Online Service manuals, any good ones or safe ones?

kshansen · 2019-12-18 20:02

Does anyone know if any of those online sites that claim to have "Free manuals" for download are real and safe? Every so often while trying to help someone trouble shoot a problem I do a search for information and find places claiming they have free manuals in pdf format for down load but ask you to "register" before seeing them. I'm a bit paranoid of just "registering" with them! Case I was looking for was information on a Michigan 175 transmission problem. I see Minnpar has all kinds of parts book but I was hoping for a service manual to give some ideas on doing pressure tests of clutch packs.

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2019-12-18 21:22

    If you can find a service manual for that vintage it is always on paper

  2. #2excavator2019-12-19 00:14

    I get a lot of manuals from Scribd, it costs me $12.00 a month for unlimited access but for me it's well worth it. I'm with you though about the sites that want you to register, not worth it for me.

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-12-19 09:35

    You could use a VPN. Then register with a disposable email address and a phony name and address. It allowed me into the JCB website.

  4. #4Zewnten2019-12-20 23:29

    Email for junk and disposable password not tied to anything important. I've gotten a lot of good manuals that way, bigger issue for me is clicking on the link downloads something other than what I wanted so I usually open it in virtual

  5. #5tool_king2019-12-22 19:03

    kshansen what is your email .I have a service manual the 175 I will sent you . A good website of some stuff is https://www.liberatedmanuals.com . Alot of military stuff but crosses over construction and industrial stuff.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2019-12-23 03:17

    Michigan (Clark) went to online manuals a dozen or more years ago. One Saturday when I was insurance sitting a subcontractor I downloaded and printed all 600 pages for my Ranger 666D log skidder quite a few years ago. The local dealer gave me the site address when I enquired about a manual. They were all free then. Don't know about now or about other sites.