I have a 87' 580K.. I've only had it for a month or 2 and I've only used it a handful of times but I've noticed that I can only do 1 major movement at a time with it. For Example I can lift the loader but I can't curl the bucket at the same time. I can raise the Boom but I can't raise in the dipper. I thought at 1st I wasn't running it at a higher enough throttle but I've tried higher with no luck. I;m still learning how to use it so I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong rather then there's something wrong with the tractor. I have a few leaks but I don't think that's it. I'm hoping that's it\s not a weak pump. anyone have any advice?
Emerson, first some history, how maney hrs on machine, is it a extenda hoe, does it have a 4x1 bucket, 4x4 machine, first check the hyd oil level, next i would pull the main relief out of the loader valve end section and check the orfice screen, then check the pump pressure, there is a quick connect for a pressure test lh side, inside frame sitting in the seat. The male fitting should have a rubber cap on it, it's about where the hyd hose turns to a tube from the pump , should be about 2500-2600 psi. while checking with the loader raised to the top. The main is behind the rubber flap above the starter and it has a adjustment screw and nut, you will want to screw the whole main out of the loader valve end section, do not loosen the adjustment screw, the orfice screen is in the end and sometimes has trash in it (this is at the end section of the loader valve) when doing this, raise loader and install safety bar, slowly release all hyd pressure by stroking all the levers before removing this valve. This is just a base line quick thought,
thanks for the response.. The machine has about 9000 hrs on it hard to tell the house meter stopped working at about 7500, but my grandfather has owned it for the last 1o years and has put little time on it in the last years years. it is an extend-a-hoe and 4x4 not 4in1 bucket. All the fluids and filters where changed before I got it (not by me) and I recently just topped up the hydrualic fluid the other day but it only need maybe a gallon. I'll check the orfice screen on the loader valve. I don't have a pressure tester but could I use the gauge off my woodsplitter? thanks Bill
Emerson, Your pressure gauge will need to be at least 3000 psi, you can also tee in at the fitting on the tube end of the loader lift cylinder, the hose fitting is a 37 degree flare, and if you have a hyd shop close by they can hook you up with a tee and some step fittings/ hose to make a test hose, also i would look at your pump shaft drive to see how worn it is, had a k about two months ago that had some power to the hyd and it was turning but slipping under a light load, made no noise.