Clearings some over growth today. Snagged the fitting coming out of the fuel tank on my 580 K Back hoe. Hot and tired... Had to get cooled off. When I get parts do I need a 3/8 pipe nipple and elbow? Does anyone know where this wire goes? Attached to this? Also found a loose fitting - not even finger tight. Wire came off it also.
Looks like you broke a 1/2" NPT nipple. They are pretty thin, so that could be what's happened right there.
I'm guessing I'm looking at the reverser? Back up alarm wire?
Anybody know where the 2 wire plug - plugs into?
Follow it to the other end. I have schematics. Case offered this tractor in three series, and open cab, enclosed, front control & side console. Some had fuses beside the engine & at bottom of side console. A dozen choices of harness, One mated to another. I'll need more detail about your tractor. About 15 pages of schematics within a given series. Mine is about 1988.
The end goes to the silver metal bracket. Not sure where the other end goes. It is a late series I 580 K with roll over protection only. No cab serial number around 19K
Looks very much like a temperature or pressure sensor.
I'd say the one with a single wire with a blue crimp must be some sort of pressure/temp switch, and I'm wondering if the other electrical device is a solenoid, such as for a return to dig feature?
Is that the reverser I see in the edge of the photograph?
Well I bought 3/8" and 1/4" fittings - I think they are 3/8" on the fuel line. When I get it repaired, I will let you know what size it is. I still don't know what the 2 wire plug goes. It might be a week before I get back to it. My main fear is vandalism before I can get it repaired. (have a drug dealer neighbor who is moving out currently)
Dont be using a ez out on that pipe fitting they will expand the pipe into the hole use a strait cut drive in type or best to make your own I grind a chisel sharp one way and flat on the back side so it cuts going in and the flat side backs out the fitting best to drive in with a air hammer and keep the vibrations on while turning on the flat with a adjustable wrench works super well On the rare fitting that does come out you can cut it and break it out with the chisel