Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Operating Manual/Service manual 953C Track Loader

Maglione ยท 2024-10-04 15:44

Good afternoon all, I just recently bought a 953c track loader I think it's a 1998 ish. This is my first piece of heavy equipment and it didn't come with a manual of any sort and I'm having a hard time finding one I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction my serial number is #2ZN00491. everything seems to operate good but the left side track isn't as smooth as the right, it lunges forward a little when in reverse and turning seems strange to me, just wanted to go through a manual to see if I could help myself out.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-10-04 16:14

    Here's a list of manuals for your Serial Number. You have an "early" 2ZN machine, there were some fairly substantial changes from S/N 1750-Up and the two series of machines use different manuals Try searching the usual internet marketplaces for the Cat Publication references listed below but come back if you draw a blank. There are other options but be warned Cat Service Manuals aren't cheap........ Operation & Maintenance Manual - SEBU6935. This is the slim book covering operation & basic maintenance that goes in the pocket behind the seat. (Don't get confused with SEBU7115, that's for machines from 1750-Up) Parts Manual - SEBP2434. Service Manual - SENR8400. NOTE: Service Manual SENR8400 should normally come with a copy of SEBU6935 included but sometimes in papaer copies the O&M goes walkabout. It always pays to ask the seller "is it complete.?" Here's one on eBay , missing the schematics but I can probably help you with those. Another one also on eBay but listed as being complete. New price would be close to $800

  2. #2Maglione2024-10-04 16:53

    Really appreciate this information! Your right it definitely isn't cheap! would you say this manual is a must for the back yard mechanic guy that just needs to know where all the grease fittings are, filters, track tension specks, fluid capacities, troubleshooting ect or will the Operation & Maintenance Manual - SEBU6935 cover these needs?

  3. #3Nige2024-10-04 17:02

    For what you have listed SEBU6935 would cover it. However for some of the symptoms you listed in your OP.......... "the left side track isn't as smooth as the right, it lunges forward a little when in reverse and turning seems strange to me" you would need a Service Manual to get the write-ups on how the systems operate (important because if you don't understand that how can you test it?) and all the procedures for Testing & Adjusting and/or Troubleshooting. From what I know the Cat hydrostatic drive tracked loader line aren't the simplest thing in the world to work on. If it was me I'd spring for a Service Manual, but it's not my money.........

  4. #4Maglione2024-10-04 17:08

    I kinda figured as much, and I'm sure I will be needing a lot more information that's in that book sooner or later. Thanks again

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-10-04 17:13

    Hopefully Cmark see's this thread. He'll likely have an idea of what the problem is and/or where to start in the troubleshooting process.

  6. #6Nige2024-10-04 17:21

    If you decide to buy the cheaper one that's listed as missing the schematics drop me a PM and I'll see what I can find.

  7. #7Maglione2024-10-05 08:46

    That sounds good thank you.