I think (?) there is a way to overcut roadbed for curbs on "Automatic" (see picture below) ... but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've studied the CD for the system .. but I just can't seem to understand this part of the instructions on horizontal offsets. I don't have a problem hi-lighting a design line & following it by hand & doing the "Overdig" ... but it sure would be sweet to "Auto-Overdig" several things on a jobsite. Can anyone help me ... In plain English ??
Look for a menu item Guidance Method. In side at the botom of the screen there should be " Adjust cut to avoid overcut " Yes With the arrows, change that yes to NO and it will allow you to overcut into your design to achieve what you want. Just don't forget to change it back to YES to keep yourself from cutting into your design when you don't want to.
As Chad is with SITECH and deals with these systems every day he can help you with this more than I, but there is a priority setting (left corner bit, right corner bit, or center) as well that may be causing the blade to jump on automatics when you are cutting below finished grade in the model. If you have your horizontal offset set correctly that should not be an issue though. Is that correct Chad?
Thanks Guys !!! I have tried "Left Corner" ... "Right Corner" ... & even "Half Blade Width" in the "Horizontal Offset" mode ... but I can't find a way to "Overcut" into the design. I will look for a menu item Guidance Method & see what I can see today. (Thanks Chad !) I was fiddling with the "Simulator" on my computer yesterday & I think it shows the "OVERCUT" "yes-no" under the "VERTICAL SETUP" in the menu ... I'll find out today. My actual screen in the dozer doesn't seem to have as many options in the menu as the simulator does.
Here's a shot of all the options in my "Menu". Nope ... my screen doesn't show "Guidance Method" OR "Vertical Setup". What's up with that ? My screen has very few options ... has someone hidden them ? I know there's a way to get into the MAIN menu ... I just don't know how. Something about pressing a couple of buttons at the same time ??? Any help with this Chad ?
Got it figgerd out today. Hold "OK" button down while booting up .... gives you ALL the hidden menu items ... & THAT'S where "VERTICAL SETUP" was hiding ... with the "Avoid Overcut YES / NO" right there in plain site.
Just saw this and am glad you were able to find it. Good job not being afraid to dig into the box and find some things
I'm all set for now Chad. Thanks for the reply.