Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

operating temp of JD CT 332

Jim Dandy ยท 2010-04-28 21:10

I have a 05 JD 332 with 850 hours and it runs at about 197 when under load and working. This is very close to 200 which was trouble for old Detroit Diesels. I have a 98 JD 650 G that runs 180 under load and working. Do the modern diesels run hotter or should I be looking for a problem? BTW my radiator has been washed recently. Thanks for your time.

Replies1
  1. #1xcmark2010-04-29 18:54

    did you look at the inside of the radiator? My JCB blows to the rear and packs the dust in really quick , to the point it loose air flow in the middle of the core. I have seen soem machines the fins on the core are all flat and stops the air flow also..... 200 is warm but not out of control. I would let it idle if it gets over 210 then check to see if the air flow is hot out the back or is it the motors themostat.