Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Talked to a Bobcat salesman

Copenhagen ยท 2010-04-29 21:01

He said that Bobcat was going to be coming out with a 12,000 lb track machine. He said it's dozing capability will be comparable to a D3 or D4. He said it would give the ability to have more dozing capability yet still accept all Bobcat attachments. Seems like a great way to tear up attachments to me.

Replies21
  1. #1samson092010-04-29 22:47

    yea i have been talking to my local salesguy here too about that machine. he says the info they have on that machine is very vague right now (although he did mention it was supposed to be at or over 100 horse, and weigh 12-13,000) but says they have training on it in June. Sas right now it is going through passing all the osha, type inspections before going to production. Who knows, maybe August or so?

  2. #2Allgood2010-05-01 13:41

    I'm curious as to how that would be much different than the Takeuchi 150 with a 4 in 1 bucket I've had for several years. It's about the same weight and same power and darn more durable than the Bobcat machines I've owned. I said I'd never sell my old Case 450 but with the Tak 150 able to do all it can and more, with the added benefit of being easier on my trailer, I sold my old Case. The ASV and Cat machines will out-push about any other machine I've used or seen, but the cost to maintain their under parts scare me away. I doubt the new Bobcat will push as hard as a Cat or ASV. I thought Bobcat's best idea was the 4 wheel steer skidder. Never used one, but seems like it is the best idea for a wheeled skidder. My personal experience is that they created a great market for skid steer machines but sat on their laurels too long and got passed up by competitors, particularly in the CTL area. Again, JMHO.

  3. #3samson092010-05-01 14:47
  4. #4245dlc2010-05-02 13:11

    I haven't used a Takeuchi yet, and would like to try one out. But my boss has a Bobcat T-320 I liked the push power it has, I see they now have steel tracks available that would be another thing I'd like to try out.

  5. #5CM19952010-05-02 19:16

    Following from the discussion in another thread about a 12K lb skid trailer, it wouldn't take much for Bobcat to make a 12-13K lb machine. The T320 weighs in at 10.3K lbs. Add steel undercarriage, bump up HP to 100 (the T320 is already 92 HP) and upgraded pumps, counter weights and a heavy duty 6 way blade attachment and you would be around the 12-13K mark.

  6. #6Bobcat s3302010-05-03 19:13

    Asv and cat machines will not out push any machine on the market acually i thought they were the weakest of all machines and ive demoed everything.

  7. #7Ragingbull832010-05-03 20:58

    Steel tracks are Noisy brother I had Bobcat of STL drop me one off for the Day because I own a concrete cutting and demo business. Better bring your ear plugs even with all the Windows closed up and the radio on it was annoying couldnt see the use unless your doen reall heavy demo work. The new M630 with the rubber tracks is much more sweet.

  8. #8shooterm2010-05-04 10:25

    I used to think Skidloaders couldn't get any larger but now I've rethought my ideas since I run alot of smaller finish dozers. We ended up not using anything smaller then a 850 for almost anything but steep slopes. You really can blast things in quikly with the dozer and use the new 2speed CTLs with landplane as a "trimmer" for the tight spots. Only thing I havent seen yet is a twenty year old CTL. Of course you'll see them but how much upkeep will they be.

  9. #9245dlc2010-05-04 17:04

    Oh I don't doubt they're noisier but where I live we have such heavy clay gumbo the extra traction and weight can be a real bonus. But from what it seems like nobody is making the smaller track loaders anymore other than Cat with they're 939 so there could still be a market for a larger skid-steer with steel tracks. So do you think you'll be buying one or is it just to noisy for you?

  10. #10Copenhagen2010-05-05 00:18

    I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Now that I am doing mostly landscaping, I find myself using a Dingo more and more. It's nice to be able to carry a bucket full of material through a walk through gate and have room to spare. It sure does beat a wheelbarrow. I've been looking for a smaller skid lately and they are getting harder and harder to come by. Some of the newer homes being built have such small yards that a normally small skid (S-185) would be too big to maneuver.

  11. #11245dlc2010-05-05 00:54

    Lol, have you had to dig any swimming pools in those backyards?

  12. #12mitch5042010-05-05 20:31

    how would a 12000 lb ctl have the traction of a 17000 lb dozer? even if it weighed 50% more would it have single grouser tracks?

  13. #13bobcatmechanic2010-05-05 22:03

    t380 from the rumors i heard a few years ago from the district service rep. That was supposedly the number designated for it

  14. #14Orchard Ex2010-05-05 23:35

    Salesman magic

  15. #15mitch5042010-05-06 01:00

    stuff always wears off before it hits the jobsite:beatsme

  16. #16Allgood2010-05-06 13:53

    Really? I've just heard the Cat and ASV guys claiming such and have seen the videos on YouTube where a smaller Cat or ASV wins in a "push a war" with a larger machine of other brands. I never challenged his assertion and have just been thrilled with my Takeuchi TL150. It pull/pushes plenty hard and seems to have dang good power. After always using steel tracked machines it seems to ride just fine to me. My Bobcat wheeled skidder wasn't bad, but it was older and it started nickle and diming me to death and I hated to have to work on it before using it. Again, it was older, so I felt it was okay for it's age. I was just disappointed in the Bobcat mini excavators. After using Tak and Kubota machines the two Bobcat mini excavators I had were both disappointments. But, hey, if you say that ASV and Cat aren't any better at pushing than others, it won't hurt my feelings. Either way, I'm still keeping my Tak 150. I just wish it had an enclosed cab like my tractor, but I can't justify the expense. Oh well, the cab was a "want" and not a need. I'm curious if Kubota won't end up being my 2nd choice with CTL machines. I suppose time will tell.

  17. #17245dlc2010-05-06 15:04

    Is Kubota getting into making skid-steers and compact track loaders?

  18. #18KSSS2010-05-06 16:12

    Concerning the cab comment. I was the same way some years ago. My biggest skid steer I would order with a cab and the smaller I would not. My mini ex was always Open ROPS. I ceased that in 06. I would not underestimate the effect that staying warm and to a lesser extent cool has on getting the job done. Now I can work in any weather and I don't care. The other point is a cabbed unit will give back at least 50% of the original cost back at trade in or resale, sometimes more. So if the cab cost $3000 over an OROPS machine it is really only costing you $1500 over the time you own the machine. Pretty cheap performance enhancement I think.

  19. #19Copenhagen2010-05-11 15:38

    No way! Swimming pools would only be good for about two weeks out of the summer around here. Seriously, we are into the second week of May and I am prepping my snowplow equipment for work.

  20. #20245dlc2010-05-11 18:01

    Lol, I take it you must be high up in altitude there? I live in Canada and see swimming pools kind of useless here too, but we usually have at least a couple months of hot weather. I once worked at a house that had an indoor pool, it belonged to a heart surgeon. lol

  21. #21Copenhagen2010-05-12 16:46

    I'm only at 7,000 ft. Our weather is just too unpredictable though. July 4th, you need sunscreen, an umbrella and a heavy coat because you never know what you are going to get. Also, it cools off dramatically every night. In the summer, you will sweat all day and freeze at night. The outdoor pools never seem to warm up.