Does anyone have the manuals for a 1986 D3B Pin:27Y04456 Serial:45V57867 ?? Would anyone be interested in making a copy of them and selling them to me The only repair manual I have been able to find has been close to $400.00 Thinking that copies has got to be cheaper. Thanks in advance:
I had a 86 or 87 D3. I have a beat up manual that is dirty and has gotten wet . But its about 3" thick and full of info. I will go find it and check it out. If it will work for you i will send it to you. I have no use for it. OUr D3c is a 2002. doug
Just went out and got it . It says D3C & D3C LGP, Series something. I dont think it will be any good for you. What are you looking for , as far as help?
400 bucks seems a lot but Cat manuals are excellent and can save lots of guesswork and heartburn. You could try ebay... I think you can even post a wanted notice there
The $400.00 was for one only, Yes i did finally find one guy on ebay that had them all. The manuals i bought for my backhoe off of e-bay were not that great and they were copied. Just thought i might find some one who had them.
Just somthing to show me about adjusting clutches, brakes, electrical schematics, front blade trunion. If you don't need it i would be glad to have it. Todd Cassady PO Box 1933 Sallisaw,Okla 74955
Todd, I will send it to you. It is pretty ratty , but hope it will help. Its about 3" thick . Good luck. doug
D3B Manuals Manuals for something that recent should still be available from your Cat dealer. If they can't help you, contact Caterpillar Legendary Service Literature. 1-800-228-7821 They have first class reproductions of cat manuals back to the early 30's at least. Now printed in 8.5X11 size. About $50 each but the newer stuff may be more expensive. Avoid Jensales junk. Hope this helps, alan627b
i just got a new service manual for a d3b 27YO it was $330 bucks shipped to my door from my local cat dealer. you can buy just the section you need. like drivetrain ? or what ever. i was told if i cant afford the service manual i needed to sale the dozer,because it was the cheapest thing i could buy for a cat. also was told if i cant afford a new dozer i couldnt afford a used one either. guys i am starting to relate to these statements. i will have 2000 dollars in stearing clutches with me doing all the work. whew what a hobby!
I finally got tired of looking mine is on the way but it was only $307.00 from my local dealer. You are right though it is the cheapest thing about one. I just run mine part time to make extra money but I put it all back into the dozer.:crying
may be i can help you [email protected]
$$$$$ Hello. Yes, everything about a cat is expensive. The computer interface for a cat is around $600, so I built my own based on the J-Interface. The software is insane expensive. http://www.uniquetruck.com/Nexiq_C427.cfm?gclid=CKzulvLVtJ8CFQnxDAodLm7R1A That is just what it costs. http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/motorola/MC33390.pdf Yes, ONE IC is the heart of this $600 interface. As you can see, 8 leads. The other chip I used is the MAX232, of course for an RS-232 port. http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/texasinstruments/max232.pdf This all came from what I could find on the web. The box it all sits in is a NEMA standard explosion proof, not that I needed this heavy an enclosure but that this was the cheapest route, it is an off the shelf item. All in all, $120 or thereabouts. And, since I could not get just one IC, I got at least 5 of everything. Since I am not putting in long hours, or actually nearly nothing, I have the time to do this. But not everything is like this, build your own for somewhat cheap. If you read up on the 2 chips you will gain an insight as to what is happening with the electronics of your machine.