Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions needed on trex undercarriage

TerryG ยท 2012-06-26 19:37

Opinions needed on trek undercarriage I am thinking of putting some Trek rails on a Deere 850J, was wanting to know if anybody has any input on Trek or other brands. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Greg2012-06-26 19:57

    where does Trek come from?

  2. #2CatSkinner77V2012-06-26 20:15

    It's garbage, try to find a set of berco if available. Tried trek on our D8s and they chew the rails up quick and rollers turn into cowbells prematurely

  3. #3d9gdon2012-06-26 22:04

    I haven't ran them, but I've heard some less than impressive stuff about them. I'm pretty sure they're Korean made. Ol' Wun Hung Lo don't know metallurgy yet, just cheap.

  4. #4QuickTrax2012-06-27 08:02

    From what I have seen. Trek (or DCF) chains have held up well on certain applications. (just my opinion) I talked to a Trek sales rep who just got back from the factory in Korea a month ago. He said they had piles of Cat links that they forged in their plant. Apparently if they are stamping out links for Cat it can't be that bad. TerryG, just so you know. Your JD 850J has the exact same chain as the Cat D6R dozer. FYI...You could even put a Genuine Cat chain on your machine if you wanted. I think you would be crazy if you spent that kind of money when other manufactures make good products as well. Good luck, QuickTrax