I am in the market for a farm dozer to clear land build roads and while i would love to have a d4-5h I simply cant find one in a price range That i can justify. I have however found a komatsu d37p-2 serial number 1604, lgp, near new uc, original paint and pretty clean. I haven't physically looked or operated this dozer yet, My experience is with cat and jd dozers, I would like to hear from you guys that have operated this particular model or even better even own one and learn the good and bad, where are they weak at. I will be clearing stumps working in the hills of tennessee where we have plenty of rock and building roads on my property. Information on this machine has been tough to find on the net, I think from the serial number it would be a 88-9 model asking price is 15k. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice on this machine.
I had already answered this over in the "section for D21" thread, but this seems like a better place for this discussion, so I'll move it over here. I own Cat and Komatsu dozers, and have been around a bunch of Deere, and a few Cases. While I'm not familiar with this particular machine, Komatsu makes a very good dozer. They are the number 2 equipment maker in the world, after all. Keep in mind the D37 isn't really comparable to a D5-650 size, it's closer to a D3-450 in weight and hp, but that size can still be very capable.