So I haven't been using my deere 450c trackloader a whole lot since I bought it. I've been running it for about 2 years and put maybe 100 - 150 hours on it. I've been wanting to sell it but wasn't going to give it away either. Haven't had any major problems with the loader either. Has about a 80 - 90 % uc on it. Today a customer offered to trade me even up for an IH TD7E w/ a 6 way blade, std. pads, sweeps, and winch. Uc is a little more worn than mine but still 75% i'd say. Blade doesn't look bad... overall a decent machine. Only down side is that the left track doesn't steer and he told me that a mechanic familiar with them told him that its just a pin on a band under the floor boards that busted. I told him that for me to consider it, it had to be fixed. Whats everyones opinion on this? I would rather have a deere 450c dozer, but that isn't the offer. I think that the 7e is just a little smaller than a 450 and thats ok, cause I need a small grading dozer / winch cat, not a big ole monster thats hard to move. Figured I'd move it with my 14k tilt deck behind my chevy c-60 until I can get a bigger truck & trailer. The thing is i need a dozer, not a yard decoration like the deere is. It isn't the deere is a bad machine, I'm just not getting jobs that its suited for. My 6.5 ton mini has been doing all my digging.
btw, who knows what a td7e's weight is?? My guess is 7 ton.
no thoughts on a td7e?
Search RedPowerMagazine for TD7E and you'll get lots of info.
I'd say around 14,000 lbs. They are a good dozer. The blades get loose over time. Mostly just building up to get them tight again. They have a D-239 IH engine, built in Germany. A tough engine. Still able to get most parts easily. I'd want it to steer before I got it too. FWD
Worst thing for me with TD7/8 crawlers, is that the seat just will not go back far enough for comfort. I'm a fairly big guy and essentially, that is my only beef with them. The Deere's are about the same for me, I look like a ape riding a football. The Internationals were great tractors, fast, easy to operate and maintain. The steering is fairly simple, but like FWD, I'd want it to work properly before buying. Or maybe a steep discount on price. Good Luck!
i just got a td7e where it only steered one way and its a big job if it needs the steering pads and discs replaced the tracks and final drive have to come off and cost over $800 a side for parts
I have a TD8 G dozer,good little dozer. The steering however would be a concern of mine. I have had to replace steering pads on mine,was not cheap to fix. Mine has inspection cover on back of transmission, you may be able to tell if there is trouble ahead by checking inside if you can feel pads, don't know if you can though,worth a try. Good luck.
I should think this dozer should weigh less than a TD9, in which years ago I hauled that thing all over with a flathead F6 Ford with no problem. I dont know to much about as what your steering issue maybe, but 40yrs ago I replaced the clutch disks In that old TD9 all by myself with chain fall on a tree but I was only 25 yrs old. Its like im sayin dont ask cause I cant tell ya. Ex, replace walking beam bushings on a 64 T950 in the driveway? As of now I got no clue all I can say that it is, or was, Kid power. One other, still a kid, only once in a lifetime I kind of slid into a TD30 to clear a lot away back then for a friend no pay just the thrill. Anything I want gone, is gone just like that. So get the machine, as quoted "major problems always have a simple solution" sam
stumpjumper83, What was the outcome of your deal ? Did you get the TDE ?