Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions on JALTEST diagnostic software.

bill_tn ยท 2025-06-19 10:46

Hey everyone. I know there will likely be be a wide variety of reply's. But please keep it civil. We are looking to step into the 21st century here. Finally. We are finally getting some proper diagnostic software and connectors. I've been looking at Jpro, Nexiq and Jaltest. Among others. But these three are staying in my eye. Jaltest is the one I'm leaning towards hardest. Specifically because they claim to have what we need for a certain group of tractors. TYM. We work on an extreme variety of equipment. From big rigs and excavators down to zero turns. We are a closed shop and have a specific fleet of equipment that we work on. So far it "LOOKS LIKE" Jaltest will cover the majority of our fleet with the single device and multiple connectors. We do have cat ET military and expired limited civilian, Cummins insite expired, have to call in for anything Jon deere - and anything else. Also no internet connection at this time except thru my apple cell which I have set aside for just that specific task. Yea it's a sh t show right now. But we are FINALLY convincing the powers that be we need to invest. All our old timers that knew the equipment have retired and that leaves us with new guys that do not have 20+ years of experience making things work with bubble gum and bailing wire. Not to mention the new equipment HAS TO have computers to bring up codes and run diagnostics. DON'T EVEN get me started on the full on stupid DEF system crap. I'd love to have a few hours alone with the people that thought it would be a good thing to have that crap in trucks that do NOT get above 35 mph for more that 5 miles. And deletion is NOT an option.

Replies0

No replies yet.