Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

opinions on loading excavators for railway lines

trombeur ยท 2018-11-26 02:26

recently I have been on a railway yard and I have seen in action a railway loader excavator, in your opinion which the best the most agile powerful versatile and reliable, these machines for the most as well as for digging are used as a crane for tools and to carry out various jobs often use the hydraulic biting bucket with valves or tools to position the railway sleepers and the tracks, what do you think you have about the brands used? Thanks for the attention http://www.colmarspa.com/products1.asp?lang=it&cat=1 http://www.lafalco.it/it/vendita-ma...otaia/enzo-caricatore-strada-rotaia_28c9.html

Replies15
  1. #1Kiwi-truckwit2018-11-26 02:43

    Most any excavator can be fitted with a hi-rail for railway work. I've seen Cats, Hitachis and Hyundai's working locally

  2. #2trombeur2018-11-26 11:24

    thank you for your testimony http://www.bonaventura.it/wp-conten...o-formato-717x538-Caricatore-998399064612.jpg http://www.bonaventura.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TV-**-381-1024x771.jpg

  3. #3John C.2018-11-26 22:36

    One of the custom builders around here builds them from mini excavators. The get them in new and remove the house from the carbody. These guys build the bottoms to suit and sell them on to the rail road contractors. We don't see them much. The railroads use highway trucks with booms and section repair equipment all the time as well.

  4. #4td25c2018-11-26 22:46

    Little Giant . https://www.manitexinternational.com/brands-littlegiant.aspx

  5. #5trombeur2018-11-27 02:07

    http://www.colmarspa.com/products1.asp?lang=it&cat=1 http://www.officineminelli.it/it/usato http://www.carpocaricatori.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=58&lang=it http://www.vaiacar.it/ http://www.lafalco.it/it/vendita-macchine-ferroviarie/caricatori-strada-rotaia_3c8.html http://www.donellidimaf.it/Prodotti/tabid/82/CatID/11/Caricatori_strada_rotaia.aspx italiano Italian brands excavators rail-mounted They are small producers who also build handling equipment for handling scrap scrap wood loose materials for applications in agriculture, for these jobs a wheeled excavator fits well with a special equipment also a classic material or scrap metal loader. the best I can not say which is currently on the market

  6. #6trombeur2018-11-28 02:15

    http://www.colmarspa.com/company.asp?lang=it http://www.colmarspa.com/products1.asp?lang=it&cat=1 http://www.ontrackplant.com/ Opinions of a friend of mine in the industry who I contacted: The Colmar machines are specially designed, have various advantages that are very welcome in working on the railway Another thing of the Colmar ... are specific machines and not adapted! I'll explain: The O & K for example, as well as Case and others, adapt their excavators designed to make the ground to the road-rail, thus leaving arms for earth moving, earth moving equipment ...... Colmar instead as also Donelli and Vaia Car specifically studies the machines for work in the railway. In fact, the engine is not posterior but lateral, the cab is in shape for the tunnels, the arms are designed for lifting and not for excavation. The point is this ... having to also use the car outside the railways, should we actually observe all these "exclusive" ??? It is also true that this means will serve us more as a handler-lift rather than an excavator! colmar in this field says its together with vaiacar .... in fact I think they are the two most popular brands on our railways and also in the price I think they are more affordable Rail road loaders differ from traditional excavators for some little things: the cabin accommodates 2 people, as required by the new regulations. it is also shaped and sized for entry into tunnels there are suitable safety devices to avoid touching the high voltage cables or obstacles in the nearby tracks (quota limitation and function limitation) are machines designed for lifting and handling: block valves on all cylinders, extensible turret counterweight to compensate the load at the max reach, arm predisposed to lift instead of digging, extensible penetrator, auxiliary hydraulic circuits for grabs and other (closing, rotation etc etc) ... These are just some differences between a loader and an excavator. works in which machinery is predominantly used Cleaning of ditches and boundary lines with chopping head (therefore with excavator on rails) Handling of logs with pliers Handling of shrubs with octopus Transverse movement in cement and wood However the equipment will be: Head carving for shrubs and grass Loading bucket for timber Clamshell bucket for excavation and earth moving Clamp for CLS crosspieces Additional lighting system for night work what do you think about the discussion? I look like thanks

  7. #7John C.2018-11-28 17:47

    I have a video of a Cat unit built by the local supplier. If and when I find it I'll upload it to YouTube and post it here. There are plenty of purpose built railroad machines that are basically used as cranes. The mini excavator machines are basically for working the sides of the grades and highway crossings carrying mowers, grabbers and buckets. I've seen one that had a shear installed for I don't know what.

  8. #8td25c2018-11-28 20:23

    The big G with it's low profile telescoping boom and endless attachments looks pretty nice. http://www.gradall.com/products/railway.php http://www.gradall.com/excavator-attachments.php

  9. #9trombeur2018-11-29 02:34

    http://www.donellidimaf.it/Prodotti.aspx file: /// C: /Users/hp/Downloads/KGT-P.pdf http://www.donellidimaf.it/Prodotti/tabid/82/ProdID/67/CatID/2/Default.aspx http://www.donellidimaf.it/Prodotti/tabid/82/CatID/122/MACCHINE.aspx http://www.officineminelli.it/it/ http://www.officineminelli.it/it/usato I do not know the brands you mentioned, on the net I could not find any specimens, in Italy the mythical benati built excavators loaders set up for railway works, your I never heard of them would be kind enough to attach some pictures thank you, I'm sorry if take advantage of your patience and availability thanks again

  10. #10td25c2018-11-29 20:37

    Gradall's are pretty common in my area .

  11. #11trombeur2018-11-30 03:14

    Thank you for your testimony, I see that it has the crane-type telescopic arm, in my part you do not use excavators with this type of arm, never seen a similar excavator in my part. compared to the classics is better?

  12. #12td25c2018-11-30 07:49

    If working around overhead utilities & obstructions the Gradall style machine is nice with it's low profile boom . One in a tunnel .

  13. #13trombeur2018-12-01 02:10

    I understand thanks for the explanation is like a small crane for lifting and moving materials, or type a tool holder, you put the hammer the tongs the pincers according to the work to be done, like a Swiss army knife, I still think to dig is more indicated the classic articulated arm, the problem for these excavators in my opinion is the encumbrance under the power lines and inside the tunnels, it is only my opinion a questionable deductable my deduction, am I wrong? thanks for the additional explanations

  14. #14John C.2018-12-01 11:48

    Here is a different version of a Cat mini that was modified by a local attachment manufacturer for railroad use.

  15. #15trombeur2018-12-02 04:53

    interesting, I've never seen such a preparation, the mini usually use them on the edges of the tracks in narrow and inaccessible places or near the slopes, thanks for your intervention