Our town is looking to get rid of our old Dresser payloader and replace it with a backhoe. Payloader isn't good for much other than loading the plow truck with salt sand so a backhoe will be a nice upgrade. I think almost all of our neighboring towns are running Deere 310's but we've stumbled across a New Holland B95C that's in good condition. It's a 2016 with 1100 hours. We checked it out last week....everything runs as it should. Pins and everything were good and tight. You could eat off the floor of the guys shop so I have no doubt he takes care of his machines. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are of these machines. For our town we'd be hard pressed to put 250 hours a year on it. Thanks for your thoughts.
No experience with that model but I wouldn't buy another New Holland to save a few thousand bucks. Savings would have to approach 10 grand or better.
I looked at a B95 before I bought my NH675E. To be honest, the 2 were very similar, with some niceties that NH added to the old Ford designed 675E. Anyhow, the reason I did not purchase the B95, is it looked as if it rolled off the dealer lot, and was never touched again. I mean everything was broken of loose. That being said, I loved the joystick pilot controlled backhoe that it had. I defiantly would have purchased it if it wasn't a basket case. My only problem with NH is the lack of a good parts system. I mean, they changed the style on a cylinder, and do not offer the previous style, but make customer buy the new upgraded parts. Overall, I love my NH and buy one in a min. The one you are looking at is a low hour well maintained machine. I wouldn't be afraid of it. Question: Do you have good NH support in your area? It will break like they all do, and when it does, you will need good service or parts.
The parts side is something we'll have to explore. The dealer is about 90 minutes away. There are a couple NH dealers closer that are more ag oriented but I'd assume we can get parts through them....will have to check.
Case also supplies New Holland parts. We had 675s, an LB110, and an LB95. Good machines, not saying they are any better than any other brand, but they did ok for us. This guy https://www.youtube.com/c/Digginok has put over 10,000 hours on his B95
Watching that guy dig is mesmerizing. I've had a love hate relationship with my New Holland but at the end of the day I couldn't have bought a cab anything for what I paid for it. Being a retired home owner and having to deal with the parts issues figuring out cylinder parts has been manageable for me but if I was running one for a living it would have killed me.
The Ag. dealer is where I get most of my parts. The rest I order online from Messick's (another Ag dealer). They are in PA, so if they have the part in stock, I get it in one day.
I started watching him during the last lock down. Love his old red Kenworth
I've got the lb75b and other than service support (which I've not needed much of yet) I really like it. Mine is a 2004 that had around 4000 hours on it, I bought it in 2019, I think, and have only put another 400 or so on it. It has been a delight, but I also haven't used any other brand of machine.