Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions on this truck

PSDF350 ยท 2010-02-21 15:41

I am going to look at it tomorrow. The good the bad and the ugly. Thanks!!!! http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/1589955745.html

Replies13
  1. #1Muffler Bearing2010-02-21 15:45

    "no rust on truck" and it's in Western Mass? yeah right!

  2. #2PSDF3502010-02-21 15:53

    If it isn't as decribed it wont be the first I have looked at. But I love the area and never know what I may see on the way.

  3. #3Autocar2010-02-21 17:03

    I don't know much about this but I would craw up under it and check the fram rails out. I have been told that hitting hard snow ect. will spring the frams ? Just another idea for you to look at. Good luck !

  4. #4PSDF3502010-02-21 17:08

    Thanks Autocar I will.

  5. #5tonka2010-02-22 08:39

    Looks good, but like everyone elce said check that frame rail, put a wire brush to it if ya have to. Also pull the dip stick and check the oil, and the rest of the fluids to see if there up. ask to see mait. records...and all the good stuff.

  6. #6PSDF3502010-02-22 12:37

    Yea Tonka there was no tranny or motor oil in it. Needless to say I walked.

  7. #7wilddanz712010-02-22 16:53

    ??? Are you seriuos tell us more

  8. #8tonka2010-02-22 16:54

    What i dont undrstand is if your going to sell something why not put a qt of oil in it, i guess oil is to expencive. Glad to see you didnt buy a heep of garbage, just feel sorry for the next poor sap that buys it.

  9. #9bill onthehill2010-02-22 18:57

    Being familiar with the North Adams area I would think the tranny was smoked plowing on them hills. A salter and sander takes out a truck quick.

  10. #10PSDF3502010-02-22 20:27

    Ok guys on the advice of someone else on LTS I did strike a deal with the guy. Was adviced that even if tranny is bad it's about 4k. Also that the 7.3's are oil eaters but that if the oil high pressure something or other gets to low the truck will stall long before damage accures. Anyway she did purr like a kitten (hungery angry kitten). Everything else was in good shape. No rust rot damage or the such. Only has 83k miles. So let the flaming begin. Not going out till thursday. It's just at that price it's hard to pass up.:beatsme:beatsme:Banghead

  11. #11tonka2010-02-22 22:11

    Well i'm not going to flame ya, i wouldnt pay 15 G's for a truck thats 9 years old and been road hard...i mean no oil and no trans fluid.... i hope it works out for ya!

  12. #12PSDF3502010-02-22 22:19

    Forgot to mention not 14k. I got it for 8k plus a 5 year old snowblower I have used only a few times, and a promissary note for $500.

  13. #13CT18fireman2010-02-22 22:40

    If it all works, even used that central hydro system and spreader body are worth 15,000 IMO. I saw that truck listed, just did not have the time to drive up there for a look. I personally think you got a good deal. To buy a new setup like that would be 50,000 at least and they don't come up for sale very often.