Hi I really want an articulating cutter (in some sites its called a boom cutter) for my ASV SR80 - like a brush cutter on a backhoe arm. I found one at CID and one at Spartan Equipment. Problem is I can't rent one to try, can't find one to see and most of the local dealers who would order one have never seen one. I know there's an electrical hookup and some inside controls but can't seem to get more information. The dealers send me to ASV (Terex) and Terex hasn't responded to my questions. This damn attachment seems to be handy handy handy! trim overhanging tree limbs, mow embankments or just use like a regular brush cutter. Anyone with experience or know any other brands, please let me know. Thanks K
No one? maybe I should put this in a different category.
Is this what we're talking about: http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/brushcat_cutter Or this: http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/forestry_cutter Or this:
The third, I'm figuring.
the third one but for made for a skidsteer - I've found three now - Spartan equipment, cid and another -- CID has been less than helpful and just want to send my questions to a dealer but none of the dealers know anything about this piece. Spartan is helpful and answering questions but it's still a lot of money if I can't find someone who's run one to tell me about it.
Only useful info i could find is that spartan mowers are rebranded CID.
Seriously? I think CID advertises that they manufacture their own.
CID builds there own and sells them to Spartan. Sorry for the confusion.
that's odd too - Spartan indicates their engineers can rig up a connection to my electric pin instead of using the separate joystick -- CID and the dealers listed on their sites just tell me I have to direct wire their joystick to the battery and hook it up in the cab separately - *sigh* and CID is just up the road from me while Spartan is in another state. Guess I might just have to get a regular brush cutter but this one looks so damned handy!