Hi I’m converting my hammer circuit over to a thumb circuit on my Samsung SE210-2. The machine has the option spool in the MCV however only had 1x port relief valve being that it was only used for hammer, the other port plugged. I’ve purchased another relief valve but when I went to insert found what appears to be a plug preventing the valve being screwed all the way in. It would seem logical that it’s just a plug that could be tapped out but what I don’t get is why the apparent plug has an insert in it that the small pilot spring loaded shaft on the end of the relief valve fits perfectly in. I can then screw in the valve but it bottoms out before sealing the o-ring. I’m hesitant to try knock the plug out for fear of damage. Anyone have any experience in these machines?
Apologies for the picture double-ups. These photos are as follows. 1. Existing relief valve orifice. 2. Plugged relief valve orifice looking at apparent plug. orifice. 3. Option spool’ from the manual 4. Looking into the adjacent port that supports the plugged relief valve
I don't see the capability of bi-directional flow in your opinion spool. Do you have a spool cap on both sides?
Shouldn't need a cap on each end, there's a pilot port on the blank end? The looks like possibly a restrictor in the port, and I may be seeing something like a snap ring or retainer ring in there?
So where does the spool shift to if it has no cap?
If you look at the third picture in the first post, the manual page shows pilot ports A and B, the spool centering is in the one cap, the other end of the spool must be short enough to shift within the body. Since the picture shows straight travel pilot passages, I'm guessing the picture may be of a travel section?
Yes sorry that was the incorrect image, here are two pages out of the manual for the ‘option block’
Shows two relief valves though?
The original setup had the pilot hose (black one) t-ing in to a tank return line, the other pilot line ran to a solenoid valve under the cab that ran off a button on top of the rh joystick. The hammer line ran to the stick, the opposing line was blanked off at the MCV. The hammer return line ran to tank. I’ve plugged this line, plumbed the return hose into the blanked off port on MCV. The unused pilot line I’ve ran to a foot pedal as with the opposite line and blanked off the port on the solenoid valve. Hope that makes sense.
Yeah I’m not sure, this was plugged. What I don’t get it why is has a plug inside of a plug?
Sounds good. Were you able to get that internal restrictor out, or does the port relief seat up against it properly to provide a seal? Will definitely slow down movement I should think. Might be a good thing?
Yes, pried it out. Should of tried it first before asking the question. It appears the cap-off plug pushes the internal plug in to seat it thus blocking off the relief return passage. I’m sure there a good reason for this.
Yep, now that you mention it, would need to block that off, usually that outer plug will have an extension on it, these folks just made it two pieces.