Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Orange fuel?

IceHole · 2026-06-07 01:20

Anyone experience fuel hose turning diesel orange? If my bulk tank isn't used for a week or two, the first gallon or so that comes out is orange. After it's fine. I have a section of 1" blue Arctic grade hose that came with the pump (came off a fuel truck) and then 3 sections of Arctic grade Fill Rite hose. Doesn't seem to be causing trouble in the fuel systems, but I don't get what's happening.

Replies5
  1. #1Pixie2026-06-07 06:43

    I've had fuel hose turn both diesel and gas orange. Switched to some kind of plastic fuel hose rather than 'rubber' ones. I have a couple of old machines that run off external ( 5 gallon) tanks with the hose stuffed and taped in the spout. I was hoping it was the exterior of the hose causing the problem....

  2. #2Coaldust2026-06-07 18:23

    Yeah. I recall running into that on your old Sitka fuel dock before the new dock went in. I blamed it on the Continental Redwing hose that is common in SE.

  3. #3Truck Shop2026-06-07 18:59

    Those boots will turn feet orange.

  4. #4Deere500a2026-06-08 09:44

    Ulsd & diesel blends sitting in the hose act as a solvent , yesterday's hose may not work or rated with the new fuels.

  5. #5IceHole2026-06-09 12:34

    This is the blue arctic hose. The stuff that makes you look like you got in a fight with a smurf if you touch it