Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Organizing Shop

still learn'n ยท 2014-01-05 17:34

Maybe there is a thread here somewhere but how do you organize your shop as far as parts organization? We use the red stack bins but I don't like that very well are there other options out there? One thing that we have is bushings to rebuild pull scraper hitches they just stack up in bins is there a better way that can see the parts? Also the odds and ends that stack up for 3 or 4 machines of the same models how do you label them and store them? Pics and ideas would be great thanks! Jerry

Replies2
  1. #1FarmWrench2014-01-06 14:52

    Good luck. I made some palletized shelves for individual pieces of equipment and still managed to not see some pieces.

  2. #2Dualie2014-01-07 02:28

    I'm slowly getting rid of all my open bins, they collect to much dirt and dust and end up a mess after no time at all. old storage cabinets can be had relatively cheep