Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Original Bobcat

Clawed Backster · 2024-01-16 20:44

Hopefully this link will work. Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com

Replies11
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-01-16 21:44
  2. #2Truck Shop2024-01-16 21:45

    What that needs---is a 2-71 detroit.

  3. #3Clawed Backster2024-01-17 14:09

    It would be cool if someone restored it. Neat little thing.

  4. #4Rob Gunn2024-01-17 15:11

    Wondering if it has any info on the tag about location of build? Gwinner ND or Buchanan MI?

  5. #5djhutt2024-01-17 16:12
  6. #6farmerlund2024-01-17 17:23

    The original ones or first loaders from Melro in gwinner, ND were actually 3 wheels. two in the front, one in the rear. they kept the Melro name until they sold to IR. Melro Bobcat

  7. #7farmerlund2024-01-17 17:27

    Also in the 60's-70's they made a variety of farm equipment. Sprayers, grain drills, harrows, rock pickers, plows, field cultivators, spray coups.

  8. #8Truck Shop2024-01-17 17:55

    There is one of those setting near my shop at the airport, use to be a bunch around here.

  9. #9farmerlund2024-01-17 19:07

    Ya, I am pretty sure almost everyone around here used one at some point back in the day.

  10. #10kshansen2024-01-17 19:18

    What the heck? I went to high school only five miles down the road from Weedsport and never heard of them.

  11. #11BC Placer gold2024-02-13 12:37

    In the 1980’s my Dad bought a 1959 John Deere 435 farm tractor. (I think the first model with power steering?) It came with a 2-53. That’s when I learned about using really good earmuffs.