Just picked up a little operational dragline, looking for ANY manuals I can get (parts, operation, lube, maintenance, etc). Just getting a photocopy would be great. Looks like these are quite far and few between, Thanks
You have any pictures of it? Do you know what year it is? The serial number? What engine is in it? Hope you have good luck with it.
Late 40's, Buda gas engine.
Looks a super cool machine. Always wish I had the time and skill to maintain and run something like that. Graham
Contact the Historic Construction Equipment Association. The have the Marion Archives, Osgood was bought by Marion. Tom Berry is the manager and VERY helpful, you should join too.
Look on eBay, there is a parts manual available. Follow this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSGOOD-200-...802952?hash=item3603d93e88:g:gPYAAOSwx-9WyzDP
Thanks for the heads up on the parts manual. I sent the HCEA an email last week, waiting on a reply, looks like they have a lot of stuff from the sounds of it. Not too far from home either...........
Nice toy. I always wanted an excavator/shovel is that same style. Post up some more pics.
Anyone know the functions of all the levers in the cab of Osgood 200 dragline? Can get any info on it. E-mailed antique construction equipment org..no responses!
I did that and never heard back
That osgood should be pretty much manual everything, i.e. you should be able to follow the lever linkages from the handles back to the winches for boom and line, and to the swing box also. Most have a lever that switches between swing and travel, but you should be able to crawl around a figure out what everything does. Just don't get her locked into boom up, or winch line up, without knowing how to stop it. Its also likely a free fall boom, so be careful pulling the dogs on that too.
Could you tell me the functions of each lever and peddles since you have the crane. I bought one and it has not arrived yet. I want to prepare before it arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated
where on the osgood 200 dragline is there info (plate?) with serial number , date, model number; i'm trying to confirm info passed onto me from seller. If anyone has parts/operator manuals (even if photocopies), please let me know; HCEA has no info on crane(already checked). I didn't realize how difficult it is to get info on this crane.
got these levers / pedals figured-out finally; still need operator's manual