Some of you may have read my post about having one of our guys killed. All of our scrapers and rock trucks are shut down. There all old Terex’s the brakes have all been fixed, but they still don't stop worth a... So we where running retarders on them OSHA said no way. I guess we are selling all of them at the next auction. We are going to lease/rent some until they buy some replacements. It’s not such a bad deal since with the new EPA regs we would have to modify all of our old stuff to meet emissions. Kind of sucks for me though since I was talking to the boss about getting me a 345 with a thumb, with this news I bet I'll be stuck with the 245 I've been running. Not that it a bad machine I would just like AC and a radio.
Man, the hits just keep coming on that job don't they.
Wow Wow, that's pretty serious. The fact that they shut the jobsite down like that. It means you gotta be extra careful working in those situations with that company. It seems like you have it covered for yourself, but watch out for the other guy. That 345 sure would have been a nice Christmas present. Too bad. Maybe there's still a chance.
Hey Dozerboy, don't you have plans on moving to Texas in about six months or so. Its winter time. You need a heater not AC. lol. Put your own radio in it, or a walkman or someting. My wife just bought me an mp3 player for Christmas, I don't know how it works. She hasn't even gave it to me yet. She doesn't even now I know she bought it for me. lol.:bouncegri
I got back from vacation today I go back tomorrow then I'll know what happened for sure. I have to say it makes me a little nervous a lot of companies are going under or cutting there work force way back with the new emissions.
What does the new emissions mean for a guy in a small town in New York. Will they have some sort of inforcement. I know that none of my equipment meets any new laws or is it a higher fuel cost thing?
Probably not a whole lot, CA is just anal when it comes to air quality and just about anything environmental. I will never live in Cali, too many left winged morons down there.
California You can say that again. Too many tree huggers and too many "hysterical preservation" morons that want to get involved every time we land a demolition job. Yikes.
Them tree huggers always take all our fun.
Tree Huggers What are the tree huggers doing to try to mess you up in Georgia, Country Boy. Have you had any encounters with them on your jobsites? What happened?
They are making a big deal about a little stream adjacent to our property. The stream puts out maybe 2 gallons and hour.....yeah 2 gallons. They say the silt is killing the fish. If the stream is 1/2 inch deep and 2 inch wide, where are the fish? The "stream" (more like drainage ditch) is already contaminated from the junkyard next door but they don't worry about that. They see the gray silt in the bottom and start making phone calls. After 1.5 million in catch basin installation costs we don't have to worry about it anymore.
Well we are running our scraper again for what ever reason osha is ok with us canning out to stop. And I dove one of our guys to quit or walk off the job and get fired today. I was running the push cat and he couldn't run a pattern like the rest of the guys so I started hitting kind of hard. Then he buried the can right in front of me twice and came to a dead stop I hit him pretty good both times, so he park and just went home. Oh well thanks to him I hogged an extra 300 yds of hard dirt out of an over X with a dozer because he can't look down a line of stakes and tell me I've gone far enough.