Happy Holidays!! To all of you equipment heads out there.... Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Hi, Folks. I would like to wish you one and all the very best for Christmas and for the New Year. And I wish to make the following announcement. Friendship Contract Renewal. After serious & cautious consideration.....your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2007 ! It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!! My Wish for You in 2007 May wisdom and truth break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes reek of success like smoking tires. May happiness always be right in your face and may your tears be that of joy. May sadness lose its memory of where you live and may peace infest your life like the fleas on a mangy dog - always there! May the problems you have had forget your home address and may good things come knocking down your door! In simple words ............ May 2007 be the best year of your life – until 2008!!! And here is a photo of what is probably my all-time favourite machine, a Cat D9G at full bark.
:thumbsup Deas Plant Thanks for the best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you and yours. And thanks for the cat pic
:notworthy Thank you Sir for the wishes and Photo . A very Merry Christmas to you and yours and may health and happiness surround you as well . From the snowy land Up Over , Rob
...and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all...
Thanks Deas, and also too you!! Ummm.....er.........just what kinda stuff is going on down there Deas?! Wait, maybe I don't wanta know!:bouncegri
Wot's goin' on? Hi, JeffD. Reality is only for people who can't handle drugs. Guess I'm stuck with reality 'cos I've NO intention of trying the other way. It's just my warped sense of humour. That piece appealed to me when I first saw it and I added a few little bits to it. Those offbeat ways of describing things are similar to or the same as the way I would put them. I tend to not have problems. Others may have problems 'cos I'm around but that's not my problem.
Nice sentiments Deas and what a great picture... brings back memories of D9H's blowing perfect 4' white smoke rings out of the stacks when we started them up after doing mid-life rebuilds in the early 80's... never seen 'em black smoke like that though
I figured it might be something like that, but I just couldn't resist pullin yer foot alittle.:wink2 Don't be afraid to post more pics either. You usually have some pretty good ones, like the one in this thread. Take care, Jeff
Of smoke rings an' things. Hi, Wulf. Back in the early days of turbochargers, they tended to do things like 'smoke a bit', especially if you opened them up under load as I would reckon that one has just done. The black smoke is caused by partially burnt fuel in the exhaust, as you may already know. This effect lasts for as long as it takes for the turbo to build up enough revs to pack in enough fresh air to burn all the fuel charge that the old mechanical injectors put in each squirt. You tend to not get that effect nearly as much with electronoic injection because the ONE squirt of the old mechanical injectors is now broken up into 3, 4 or even 5 smaller squirts, spaced evenly throughout the power stroke to give more even burning. In theory, this is supposed to result in better fuel economy and less pollution. I don't know - maybe it does - but it also seems to result in MUCH higher repair bills when injectors and pumps need replacing. Hey, JeffD, hope yer gotchyer kicks TRYING to stir me. I've had experts try to stir me. You need a little practice yet. Re pictures/photos, try these on for size. The first is from the pages of the U.S. Patent Office records regarding a patent applied for by Cat for the 'jigger' as sketched. The second sketch is a variation on the theme by Swishy who infests the ACME and ACMOC BB's and was posted at ACMOC. Enjoy.
Merry Christmas to everybody. (Also, if Chrisrtmas isn't what you're celebrating at this time, best holiday wishes anyway. )
Merry Christmas to you & yours, Deas Plant. The 'ol Cat pics got my attention, mate... The animation of the 3 tied together was actually aired on an episode of one of our satellite TV shows a while back;They showed footage of 3 US Military D-8's inline, tied 3 abreast pushing dirt. Only downfall was if one or two weren't performing like the other one or two, such as steering. I think it might have been "Extreme Machines" if my memory serves me correctly, (although it's been in the "C.R.S." mode lately...) Thanks for the blast from the past...:thumbsup
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all... What you can't tell by the photo of that D9 however is the large hole on the exhaust side of the turbo that really reduced the power of that ol' beast.:thumbsup