Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Otani brand tires

NH575E ยท 2016-07-13 13:41

Anybody have good or bad experience with Otani brand tires. My service shop had 8 ply Goodyears or 10 ply Otani so I told em to put the Otani on.

Replies2
  1. #1d9gdon2016-07-13 19:55

    Yes, I've had experience with both Goodyear and Otani on 12.5-80/18 on front of backhoes. The Goodyears wore great, but then the sidewalls got bubbles on them and had to be replaced. The tire shop only had Otani in stock. Not great quality in that they wore faster, but at least they didn't leave 60% tread on a ruined carcass with sidewall issues. I replaced them with Firestones which outdid them both.

  2. #2NH575E2016-07-13 22:12

    Maybe this will hold up okay for me. I replaced a worn 16.9-28 Firestone that would have run longer except it ruptured on a small stump. Probably could have got by with a boot patch and new tube but this Otani tire wasn't terrible expensive. It was $640 installed in my yard which I thought was fair. Break down was $455 for tire, $55 for tube, and $85 for the service call plus tax. He tried to get it to go tubeless but the bead wouldn't seat. After he fought with it a while I told him to go ahead and put the tube in. I broke the bead for him using the hoe bucket. Any input on what pressure I should be running on a 15,000 lb hoe in a stump field? I am going to try to dig my way in and avoid running over any more but that will be impossible for the task at hand.