Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OTC Master pin press value

Goatfix ยท 2013-07-05 09:20

Hi all, I have an OTC 50 ton master pin press that I want to sell, has anyone seen one sold recently, what did it go for? I have checked E Bay and can't find any reference to one. I don't want to put it up for sale at an un realistic price and I don't want to give it away. Thanks Gary

Replies5
  1. #1BillG2013-07-05 09:36

    What model number and what adapters?

  2. #2Goatfix2013-07-05 19:28

    Sorry, no idea, it was bought many years ago at a John Deere dealer close down. The pins and bush adaptors with it at the time look as if they were shop made. The track press casting has OTC brand cast in and the part number appears to be 50272, the last two digits are almost illegible, I've checked in a couple of tool catalogues and that number comes up as a frame for a 50 to press but I can't find a picture to verify and no reference to the part number of the whole kit. The twin ram is an OTC 4122. Thanks Gary

  3. #3Randy882013-07-05 21:53

    If you have time on your hands, and you don't know what the value is per say, try selling it as a best offer type sale or with a minimum on it, if it doesn't make your minimum it won't sell, if you have offers you can always take one if its high enough. If nobody wants it, then what anyone feels its worth is kind of a mute point.

  4. #4theironoracle2013-07-05 22:01

    an electric power unit in good condition used would be about 1500 ish, the ram set with the c-casting 2000 ish, i have been watching for a 100 tonner for couple years now, let one go on ebay ram set and c-casting for 3500, and an otc double rammer with a the frame and the adjustement bolt and what not sold on iron planet for 3600 a couple years ago, neither had the power unit with them, besides the mechanics on here have convinced me that i need a two or three rod set-up rather than a c-frame style.............theironoracle

  5. #5theironoracle2013-07-05 22:03

    general rule of thumb for anything in great shape used is half of new, just a place to start...........theironoracle