Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Our Limestone Operation

Dazman ยท 2009-03-10 23:49

Just a couple of pictures of the machines we have in our quarry. Still got a few machines left to photograph (another 980G, 988H, D11R (missing blown gearbox), D9L, D10N, Komatsu Rock Breaker and Haulpac plus a few powerscreens and crushers. Also have a pugmill that mixes a bitumen stabilised limestone used for road base, but that may disappear before I get a chance to get a photo of it. May take a while, but I will get photo's of everything. First pic: The quarry, roughly 2 square kilometres. Already taken about 2/3 of the stone out of it. Once leveled, it will all be turned into industrial area. Second pic: 980G, Company next door owns it... they seem to constantly repair it. Third pic: One of our 980G's. Fourth pic: This 980C was one of the company's first loaders. Fifth pic: the 66E is a spare for when one of the loaders break down.

Replies13
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-03-11 04:37

    G,day Dazman, Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. Some of that gear looks very familiar to me Its just as well you joined the ranks here as we were about to be over run by croweaters. I take it those pics are not from Abernathey Rd?.

  2. #2Dazman2009-03-11 05:29

    Hello Squizzy, I am at the other end of town. Neerabup/Flynn Dr quarry. Joint Venture setup between us (WA Limestone) and Italia Stone Group. Once we are done on this site, it will all become industrial area. They have already developed the first stage, although Landcorp is yet to sell a block I hear, asking too much.

  3. #3RocksnRoses2009-03-11 06:01

    We're working on it!:avid:bouncegri Rn'R.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2009-03-11 08:04

    I thought as much. I'm in Bibra Lake so I don't get up that way too much. Italia will always be workin on machinery...thats what happens when you drive them until the wheels fall off Lol No doubt!

  5. #5Dazman2009-03-11 20:20

    LOL, too true... about 12 months ago they did the earthworks for a subdivision beside us. Their fitter/mechanic were up here almost everyday because something had lost a wheel, done a motor and what not.

  6. #6Squizzy246B2009-03-12 04:21

    Be nice...I'm a good customer of theirs you might recognise this:

  7. #7Dazman2009-03-12 07:48

    HEHE... Whoops... Although this quarry seems like bad luck... if it's not them fixing their machines, our fitters are fixing something of ours. haha.

  8. #8mtb3452009-03-12 13:58

    are you guys down under feeling the same lack of work like us in the usa /

  9. #9Dazman2009-03-12 18:53

    It certainly is quieter here. Middle of last year, all our tipper-trucks would be doing 5.5 days a week. Now they are lucky to get 3 days a week. The work at the moment is very patching, one day we can be flat out the next day everyone is sitting on their hands. The next few months could be interesting as starting to see companys under-cut each other to get jobs.

  10. #10Squizzy246B2009-03-13 18:56

    Daz, guy I know went out last year and got a brand new MAN semi and trailer just so he could work for WA L ...and now he's looking down the barrel of $7K/month repayments and no work. Most of my work is private but I'm on the bones of me backside at the moment....could be off to Geraldton for a job soon.

  11. #11D5G2009-03-14 22:12

    Those ole cat loaders look amazing for their age! Awesome!

  12. #12Dazman2009-03-17 23:28

    Squizzy, with that Perth/Bunbury highway nearly complete, it may put a few people out of work. Neighbour works for Effective, he's been lucky to see 1 day a week and is trying to sell the truck before it sends him broke. Ah well, enough of the doom and gloom. A couple more photos to look at. 1st Pic: 980F, For a loader that has no brakes, the operator is still yet to hit a truck. 2nd Pic: Our 988F, used mainly for loading semis... it can be interesting watching it load small 3 ton trucks. 3rd Pic: What the quarry will eventually look like. One large industrial sub-division. Although in 1 year, not one block has sold, they are asking a bit much.

  13. #13Case 580e2009-06-11 18:41

    Love the 980c run one every lots of power